Thread: Harden Next Generations

sleepydoc Guest

Default Harden Next Generations

Duane- So we have finally, after a very long search, found a reasonably priced sofa (Harden Next Generations collection) that meets our requirements - seems solid, good cushion support, made in USA, and, according to the salesperson, 10 way hand tied springs. Not as good as our wonderful Thomasville sofas from 20 years ago that are finally giving up the ghost, but seems it will do. The only other sofa in our thoughts is a Century (but it is an additional $1,000), that seems will be OK if we have them switch to a much firmer cushion....but the Harden is still the favorite. In researching Harden upholstery, however, I came across one of your posts from 2009 in which you mention that you were not keen on Harden. Have your thoughts changed at all since?

Default Re: Harden Next Generations

I was a Harden dealer briefly, and that was some time ago. I gave the line up pretty quickly as I thought it sub-standard. Even today I won't spend more than 5 minutes in the Harden Showroom at Market - it underwhelms me.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sleepydoc Guest

Thanks, that is disappointing news to me. Is it the quality of the workmanship or materials that concerns you?

Not quality of the materials, just the overall blandness and mediocrity of their pieces. Uninspiring, vary mainstream, basic sewing levels, very average fit and finish. Substandard cushion cores (last time I checked but its been awhile). There's better product for same money.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.