Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madeline Sofa/Quintessence Mink (IV) and Tresanton/Bench Alligator Auburn (V)

rlm Guest

Default Madeline Sofa/Quintessence Mink (IV) and Tresanton/Bench Alligator Auburn (V)

Finally, some pics! I am thrilled with this purchase. Kudos to Duane for the leather suggestion on the sofa - it works perfectly for us. The benches have created quite a few positive comments.

I love the way the arm curves on the sofa mimic the end pieces on the H.T. console. My pictures just don't do it justice. Again, thanks to Duane and the way he conducts his business!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	couch 023.jpg 
Views:	1491 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	4476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	couch 002.jpg 
Views:	1227 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	4477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHITE GOOSE 029.jpg 
Views:	1169 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	4478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHITE GOOSE 038.jpg 
Views:	1058 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	4479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	couch 011.jpg 
Views:	935 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	4480  

Default Re: Madeline Sofa/Quintessence Mink (IV) and Tresanton/Bench Alligator Auburn (V)

OMG, I've often wondered what alligator or croc would look like on a tufted piece of furniture and whether it would look too busy. WOW - absolutely stunning! Love the other pieces too.

Default Re: Madeline Sofa/Quintessence Mink (IV) and Tresanton/Bench Alligator Auburn (V)

That looks FANTASTIC. Whooo-hoooo! You know I make these kind of recommendations and then....hold my breath. <g> So far, no one has come back and said "What were you thinking when you....???"

I think that Madeline sofa is one of the most stunning pieces H&M makes when its done up in a high end leather. I don't sell many of them, but if more people saw how they looked and sat they would buy them. They make a statement and the form has such excellent balance, it stands out in a crowd. And isn't that bench fun? It actually sits pretty good, too!

Thank you and your home looks very inviting. Its obvious that you enjoy style and a nicely furnished home. Well done!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

crunchysue Guest

Beautiful!

Vegas Guest

That Madeline Sofa looks absolutely outstandingly GORGEOUS! It also looks like a great lay down and watch TV/read sofa. How does it feel to sit and or lie down? Are the arms comfortable? Also, the bench is so unique and exquisite. A treasure, for sure.

rlm Guest

This sofa is "heavenly" for sitting and taking that afternoon Sunday nap if one is so inclined. What makes the arms so comfortable is the curve itself - no corners creating a pressure point. In fact, I have low back pain and one night since getting the sofa, my soon to be replaced mattress on the bed was a little more than my back could handle. So, I went downstairs and slept on the new sofa - like a baby. It's also great for reading/laptop/notebook because the curved arms provide "no pinch point" against your back. Like Duane told me, this is a LARGE sofa. I can lay completely down on it and my feet are nowhere near the other end. Also, the leather (Quintessence - IV) is "buttery" soft. I was a little bit leery about getting this leather because it is unprotected. However, now I would not do it differently.

You can see the back of my dog sitting on the floor next to the sofa in the first picture. I did not want to ever use the words "Hancock and Moore sofa" and "the dog" in the same sentence because I knew it wouldn't be good. So, I trained the dog to stay off the sofa and it was very easy. I went to "Home Cheapo" and got some of that clear floor running (27" wide) with the "pointy" things on the bottom meant to dig into the carpet to hold it in place. I cut it to fit the inside length and depth. Then I carefully laid it "pointy" side up on the sofa and after only one attempt (while I'm hollering "OFF").......well let's just say - I don't have to worry about it anymore! She got trained on the "Reed" sofa (pic #2) so I was set to go by the time the Madeline showed up. We also use the same runner in the same manner to keep the dog out of the living/dining room. I just have to remember not to step on it myself - been there done that. It won't kill you, but you definitely make a mental note not to do it again. It might not work with a little lightweight dog (not enough pressure on the pointy things to make any difference to the dog) but I can tell it works with a 55 pound dog.

I also took Duane's idea and cover the couch up (with 2

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rlm View Post
    You can see the back of my dog sitting on the floor next to the sofa in the first picture. I did not want to ever use the words "Hancock and Moore sofa" and "the dog" in the same sentence because I knew it wouldn't be good. So, I trained the dog to stay off the sofa and it was very easy. I went to "Home Cheapo" and got some of that clear floor running (27" wide) with the "pointy" things on the bottom meant to dig into the carpet to hold it in place. I cut it to fit the inside length and depth. Then I carefully laid it "pointy" side up on the sofa and after only one attempt (while I'm hollering "OFF").......well let's just say - I don't have to worry about it anymore! She got trained on the "Reed" sofa (pic #2) so I was set to go by the time the Madeline showed up. We also use the same runner in the same manner to keep the dog out of the living/dining room. I just have to remember not to step on it myself - been there done that. It won't kill you, but you definitely make a mental note not to do it again. It might not work with a little lightweight dog (not enough pressure on the pointy things to make any difference to the dog) but I can tell it works with a 55 pound dog.
    Beautiful pieces! And I'm glad the training has worked out for the dog. I trained mine as a puppy and she's never been on the OLD sofa (unless invited...a handful of times, maybe). So I am fully confident she will not jump on our new Sundance. It takes training, but I think any dog can be taught this skill...and I love the pointy plastic idea =) Reminds me of "scat cat" mats. Now, my dog is elderly and on hospice care, so there will be another puppy one day. Not really looking forward to training all over again!

spbell Guest

Very chic! And I love the croc---it's so original!

James Guest

Duane, Alligator Auburn looks exactly like the color shown on the H&M web site. I have a sample which is much darker. The whole piece looks like the darker color on the bench throughout the whole piece. Is that difference because it is burnished?

Anything that is 'burnished' is going to vary from piece to piece as the process of burnishing is the art of hand-applying darkening agents to a leather to achieve a unique look of aging and richness. As such, its going to vary depending on the artist doing the burnishing on that particular day.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.