Thread: floating chaise

colman Guest

Default floating chaise

Hi everyone, thanks for making these forums such a useful place. I posted this under Fabric but I realize it's not specific to fabric (and we would in fact consider leather too). We are looking for a sofa with a "floating chaise" -- i.e. an ottoman that can be shifted to either side, with a long chaise cushion on top, to make it feel like a sectional. This would allow us some flexibility in the future if we move or rearrange the furniture.
    The only ones I've seen are from Randall Allan, Pottery Barn (the Buchanan sofa), and one from Norwalk. But from this forum, it sounds like none of these is a stellar option. Do you know of any other manufacturers that offer such a configuration?
    Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: floating chaise

I've not seen one before. Seems like a lot more hassle to use than a conventional ottoman to me.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

colman Guest

Default Re: floating chaise

Just an update in case anyone else is interested. I've found two more possibilities for the "floating chaise" configuration: the Rowe Dalton and a Craftmaster (don't recall the number). Might also be available from Smith Bros. - I'm checking on this. Of the choices listed in this thread, sounds like Smith Bros. would win in terms of quality.
    Could be a useful configuration for folks who like the chaise but don't want to commit to LF or RF long-term (like me!).