Thread: Ottoman versus Bench

puhmuckel Guest

Default Ottoman versus Bench

What is the difference between an Ottoman and a Bench on the H&M website ? Both seem to be the same height but vary in sizes and some have rollers on them as well. I was thinking of adding an ottoman to my Chancellor sofa, but most are too bulky and big. Are they used as both an ottoman and a table at the same time and just rolled around the sofa as needed?

I do like this:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1622

Can it be used as an ottoman + side table while being called a bench. The ottoman is just too big or is it just me. Looks like it is either a coffee table or the bench/ottoman or do some people have both?

thanks

The name ottoman and bench are used interchangeably in the same way lounger and recliner are used, or even sofa and couch.

Pretty much whatever size looks good is going to work. The key when using with a chair or sofa is you want the ottoman (what I always call them) to be shorter in height than the seat height of the piece its going up against. I like a 2" drop as number to use, so if the seat height is 20", then you want your ottoman to be around 18" high.

Most folks use and ottoman OR a coffee table, but not both. While a lot of the ottomans will roll around the coffee tables usually don't, which makes them harder to handle and less likely to be moved.

The # 069 Ottoman is designed for the Campaign sofa, that's probably the one I'd be inclined to put with your new piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.