Thread: Bradington Young Seven Seas Collection

catlover Guest

Default Bradington Young Seven Seas Collection

Is this line from Bradington Young made in the US or offshore? Seems like a great price on a Bradington Young reclining sofa.

http://leathershoppes.com/products/s...iner-sofa.html

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Re: Bradington Young Seven Seas Collection

Seven Seas is imported from China and their website says so. I applaud B-Y for being upfront about it. As a consumer who tries to purchase American-made products, it is often difficult to tell before purchasing where a product is sourced so I appreciate that B-Y clearly delineates between their domestic line and their imported line by applying the Seven Seas name to everything imported and keeping them separate on their website.

catlover Guest

...and how does the Seven Seas line compare to Flexsteel Latitudes? Would you buy it? I've read terrible things about Flexsteel, yet when you look at the construction on their website it looks like quality construction, but dcollie says he won't carry Flexsteel any longer and it's terrible. So...Seven Seas or Latitudes and why?

Ci2Eye Guest

I wouldn't buy it because there is an American alternative but someone else will have to address the quality aspect of Seven Seas. I try to buy American-made goods and when that isn't possible, I buy imported products from the least objectionable country. China is the most objectionable to me so even if the quality were the same, I would pass on Seven Seas or Randall Allen from Hancock and Moore and go with something from their domestic lines.

catlover Guest

I'd love to be able to do that, but my budget doesn't fit the domestic lines. Guess I'll stick with Southern Motion but I don't think they are the best constructed.

I'd rather buy US also, but I can't afford BY or Hancock Moore domestic. So, that being said...who knows about the quality of Seven Seas or Randall Allen? Is there any good furniture that comes out of China?

I'm looking at SS614 from Seven Seas. Does anyone know about the seat construction? The website mentions the 100 and 300 series but I can't find anything on SS?? I don't want webbed seating that's for sure.
    Last edited by catlover; 04-08-2013 at 09:30 PM.

100% Chinese. Both BY Seven Seas and Flexsteel Latitude. Would I buy either? Not me, personally....I tried both in my store for one order only and felt it wasn't meeting my store quality standards.

Generally - VERY generally - The Chinese made products lack performance longevity. If you browse around here on the forum, you will see where I did a photo essay on cutting open a Chinese-made upholstery piece - find that and look at the photos, and you will understand.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

catlover Guest

Could u provide the link to that?

hglaber Guest

That thread about cutting open the bench is here.