Thread: Luxe II in Quintessence Brandy and Cross Moore Recliner in Capri Birch

Hybrid View

Default Luxe II in Quintessence Brandy and Cross Moore Recliner in Capri Birch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0825.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	4577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0827.jpg 
Views:	794 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	4578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0831.jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	4579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0833.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	4580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0834.jpg 
Views:	825 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	4581

Just arrived!

The Luxe II chair is in Quintessence Brandy with Java wood. The back was quilted in 3in diamond pattern.
    The Cross Moore is in Capri Birch with Serengeti welts and Belgium Chocolate wood trim.

The Capri Birch has a very nice mottled effect and is a very warm, light tan color. I'll send better pics when the lighting is better in the room.

Motley

Default Re: Luxe II in Quintessence Brandy and Cross Moore Recliner in Capri Birch

Both are beautiful. I especially love that combo of leathers you picked on the Cross Moore! The welts are a really interesting twist. Can you post a picture that shows the wood on the Cross Moore too when lighting is better? Thanks!

Default Re: Luxe II in Quintessence Brandy and Cross Moore Recliner in Capri Birch

Good picks, and very unique! The trim came out very well on the Cross Moore, I think. Thanks much for the order, always appreciated.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

goldem Guest

Motley, love the quilting you had done on the back of the Luxe II. I'm torn between the Luxe II and the shorter Neko myself.

I've been able try sitting in the Neko and it's not bad, and I'm wondering how you find the Luxe II for sitting in. Also, if you've had a chance to see the difference, how much did the quilting affect the sit?

I didn't try the Neko, but the Luxe II sits very well. The back of the chair is very comfortable. The quilting did not affect the feel at all. The leather is extremely soft, I don't notice the quilting when I sit in it.

goldem Guest

Thanks for that information Motley. I'm right around 6', and the specs make it look like it should be a good fit for me. The arm height looks about right, with the seat depth being a little bit less than I'm used to. However, compared to the Neko I think the Luxe II looks like it will be a better fit (I'm usually hesitant to base purely on specs, but the back pitch looks good enough to be able to it in for a while and use a foot rest for longer periods of time).

I tell ya, when you see a Luxe chair in a quilted leather, its pretty stunning. When I go to Market and see literally thousands of chairs that all look the same from a hundred different makers - then walk up to something like the Luxe or Luxe II, its refreshing and unique. Although I truly believe Hancock and Moore is the best made leather furniture on the planet from a durability standpoint, its also about style and fashion. They're a leader in that category as well, with hundreds of followers that copy their designs. The Luxe is just one of those chairs that when you see it - you know its extraordinary.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.