Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1842 Literary Button Down Chair

Gatsby Guest

Default 1842 Literary Button Down Chair

Does anyone have information on HM 1843 Literary Button Down Chair? I would like to know if this is a comfortable chair and whether HM has a promotional leather for this item. Would a pair of these fit in a space 91 inches wide? It looks like it isn't too massive and might be a chair to consider for a living room that has a formal atmosphere.

Default Re: 1842 Literary Button Down Chair

I've sat in that chair at High Point Market and I think it sits well as long as you're not expecting a snooze chair. There is not a promotional hide for that model, sorry. I think you're fine on space requirements as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Gatsby Guest

Duane, you had posed a picture of a blue leather chair that I think was called Rouleau which I can't find in my search. I believe you mentioned it went to the White House with a couple of sofas. When I couldn't find the Rouleau I found the Literary Button Down which has a similar look. Is the Rouleau still manufactured? I may have the name wrong and perhaps it is not a HM chair. The blue chair looked very comfortable and I would like to find out more about it if it is still made.

The Rouleau series was retired about four years ago....
    Duane Collie

Gatsby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The Rouleau series was retired about four years ago....
    I guessed that. Too bad for the chair looked very comfortable. Thank you for the information. I'm interested in a couple of comfortable chairs ~ not too massive ~ that will work with a sadler recliner (kipling java) in a formal looking living room. The upholstered sofa in the room is a butter yellow - arms are thin and as high as the back - bench style from Hickory Chair. The walls are a pale gray and the area rug under the sofa and chairs is a patterned one with brown, cream, gray. I don't know if I should repeat the Kipling Java in two smaller chairs or use another color. It might sound strange, but I noted your comments on the Gordon chair as being comfortable. It looks like it isn't too massive and it swivels which might be a positive. I don't have much space, only about 90 inches. I will see if I can post a picture of the space.

its pretty difficult to make recommendations (that are worth anything) without a photos of the room from different angles. can you post some up?
    Duane Collie

Gatsby Guest

I've tried to copy photos from iPad to the post section but I can't get the paste function to work. Afraid I'm a computer challenged old person. I get a copy bubble when I touch my picture but when I go to the post window and hold my finger down a paste bubble won't come up. Any ideas how to copy and paste pictures from an iPad?

You can't do it that way....you would have to go to a free hosting service like Piacasa or Photobucket and put them up there, then use the IMG (image) tag link to post to the forum, embedding the link in the forum and then you get this (example from my Photobucket account). Its not as hard as it sounds, just takes a little practice.

1) Create Photobucket account
    2) Upload your photos to Photobucket
    3) Copy the Link at Photobucket (they have it right next to the photo)
    4) Paste it into your forum post

Then it will display just like this:

Last edited by drcollie; 04-16-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Duane Collie

Gatsby Guest

Oh My! Love that car!
    I've downloaded photobucket for iPad. Now I have to learn how to upload pictures to photobucket. I'll be back as soon as I figure this out. This gets harder and harder.

LOL, that's my friend's "The Colonel' sMorgan 8. We meet at that little restaurant across the street (white building) on Sunday mornings in The Plains, VA (Robert Duvall's home is about 3/4 a mile from here) and eat out on that veranda to watch the people go by and chew the fat a bit. Most of us ride our motorcycles out, but the Colonel brought his Morgan out this past Sunday instead so I took a shot of it! Its quite a handsome car with the smallest footwells you can imagine.
    Duane Collie