Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sure they look good, but you just have to feel them...

artielange Guest

Default Sure they look good, but you just have to feel them...

After many, many months of planning, questioning, and waiting, my wonderful new Hancock and Moore pieces arrived today from Sun Delivery. While I plan to photograph them individually in better light for the resource section, I just have to share them with people who understand! The Capri feels so soft, so sumptuous, and particularly in the Maize color, which is almost like Deerskin, just totally luxurious. The Hyde Park Tan Burnished on the Author Chair and Ottoman is my favorite of the pieces. It's slightly distressed, kind of an elegant bomber jacket, and feels like buttah.

Sanctuary Sofa and Robinson Tufted Ottoman in Capri Plateau
    Cross Moore Chair in Capri Maize
    Author Chair and Ottoman in Hyde Park Tan, lightly burnished

Thanks, as always, to our fearless leader, Duane Collie, who makes furniture buying a fun event. I appreciate all the time put into this forum to educate the consumer about true quality furniture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0177-001 kr.JPG 
Views:	869 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	4633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0180 kr.JPG 
Views:	1027 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	4634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0181 kr.JPG 
Views:	1047 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	4635

Default Re: Sure they look good, but you just have to feel them...

Looks GREAT! You can see why I really like Capri now! You'll never go back to Document now...ruined for life <chortle>. I really like that Sanctuary sofa. If more folks knew what a great piece that is they'd buy more of them, but it doesn't get much exposure. I like your sense of color, J - you would make a great decorator if you ever want another career. Everything come through damage-free?

I've had my new Quintessence office chair at home for almost a week now..I'm ruined, too. Once you have good leathers, everything else is like plastic. More expensive yes, but it brings a smile to your face everything you sit in them, and that's worth something.

Thanks as always for your business J- I know you pass about a hundred H&M dealers on the road to come to my store from three states away. Most appreciated!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

Truly the Document on the September sofas depresses me at this point. I wish I hadn't been so price driven, but it did get me into H & M initially so it wasn't all bad.

The Sanctuary Sofa does exactly what I was hoping. It's a perfect pillow for lying on, the corners are great to curl up into, and by not having tufting on the seat, I eliminate the need to vacuum crumbs! All four of these pieces were bought sight unseen and therefore, not tried out beforehand. Everything is super comfortable, especially the Author Chair. It is EXACTLY what I was going for, both in comfort and in the wonderfulness of the Hyde Park.

All of the leather is in perfect condition. There are a few marks on the woodwork of the Robinson ottoman, but I'll touch those up myself. No big deal.

I love them all, especially the Sanctuary sofa! Gorgeous!

Gatsby Guest

artelange, your furniture is spectacular! Would you classify the Capri Maize a butter yellow? I've been looking for a soft butter color to work with a butter yellow fabric sofa. If you don't mind sharing what is the wall color and paint manufacturer. I agree with Duane, you should be a decorator. love,love, that Capri maize!

Gatsby Guest

I can't find Capri Maize on the Hancock and Moore website. Has it been discontinued?

Yes, that leather has been dropped. ArtieLange got the very last of it on her pieces.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

Sadly it's true, this beautiful leather has been discontinued. I have no idea why; it is soft and beautiful, a creamy yet vibrant shade that gives a really nice pop to the subtle tones of the other leathers in the room. For reference, the walls are Sherwin Williams #7685 White Raisin.

Thanks for the compliments! I had some apprehension about doing every piece in a different leather. At first I had only ordered the two chairs and sofa, then realized a few weeks in that I truly needed the Robinson cocktail ottoman in the same shade as the Sanctuary sofa to anchor the pieces. It seems a shame, when H & M offers so many gorgeous leathers, to go with a room of browns. I am really happy with the restful tone of the room. Now to find the perfect pillows to tie it all together!

artielange Guest

Gatsby,
    Sedona Almond and Equestrian Wheat were other leathers in this same color family that I considered. Not exactly the same, but similarly hued.

crunchysue Guest

Wow, so many excellent choices of where to sit, @artielange! Congrats on taking delivery, and I'm glad to see all your hard work paid off. Mine is coming in 3 weeks, BTW.