Thread: Heart Attack

Default Heart Attack

Those of you that are local to my store and have had a delivery from us in the past few years may remember Tommy, my part-time delivery man who works on Saturdays for the store. He had a heart attack yesterday and is now in the hospital recovering. He's 45 and seemed to be in good health but he does smoke a lot, perhaps this will be the wake-up call for him to get rid of the cigarettes. He's a good guy, fighting off hard times financially and just seemed to be getting back on his feet again from a bitter and costly divorce. Now he's hit with this and doubtful he'll be delivering furniture any time soon, if ever. I'll be going by the hospital today or tomorrow to visit and see how he's doing....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

gkholdridge Guest

Default Re: Heart Attack

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Those of you that are local to my store and have had a delivery from us in the past few years may remember Tommy, my part-time delivery man who works on Saturdays for the store. He had a heart attack yesterday and is now in the hospital recovering. He's 45 and seemed to be in good health but he does smoke a lot, perhaps this will be the wake-up call for him to get rid of the cigarettes. He's a good guy, fighting off hard times financially and just seemed to be getting back on his feet again from a bitter and costly divorce. Now he's hit with this and doubtful he'll be delivering furniture any time soon, if ever. I'll be going by the hospital today or tomorrow to visit and see how he's doing....
    We are sorry to hear about Tommy's heart attack. We hope he quits cigarettes. My husbands father died of a heart attack at 46 yrs old. He was slim, active, had a physical the week before but he smoked two packs of cigs a day. My husband was 16 when his dad died in his arms in their backyard! Thankfully, Tommy will have another chance. We will pray for him.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Tommy. Any update Duane?

Tommy is doing good! Thank you for asking. He wants to come back to work, but I have to have his doctor sign off that he's good for doing heavy lifts again. Delivering sofas is not easy work!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.