Thread: Taylor King Sofa is Here! (Pics Attached) Thanks, Duane.

AusTexGal Guest

Default Taylor King Sofa is Here! (Pics Attached) Thanks, Duane.

Thank You, Duane, for devoting so much of your time and energy to operating this forum, and to covering its costs! The wealth of knowledge and expertise you so generously share with the public is priceless and, I imagine, often seems unappreciated. So a well-deserved 21 gun salute to you and Aaron for a truly outstanding web forum!

Following the departure of the last of the children, we chose to downsize to a much smaller house. After surviving the remodeling of the new house and moving from the home we’d lived in for 22 years, it was time to start replacing our old, well-worn furnishings, including our 12 year old sofa, which not only looked well past its prime, but was structurally failing. I found your site after googling “who makes a quality sofa” and, over the last 6 to 8 months, have spent countless hours reading through the site, educating myself on buying quality, well-built furniture.

I was working with a decorator, who was helping with draperies and bedding choices for our master bedroom, when I started my sofa research. And largely due to the raves I gave Taylor King based on info gleaned from your site, she decided to add TK to her portfolio of suppliers. (I wish I’d read your post on working with a decorator earlier in the process, as it probably would have saved some money, but she’s been very easy to work with, has a good eye for color and design, and certainly deserved to be paid for her time and efforts.)

It’s been many months since I first embarked on the journey to buy a new sofa, but my new Taylor King sofa was delivered yesterday and I just had to share with you how absolutely delighted I am with our purchase!! (See pictures below.) The sofa is lovely to look at, is phenomenally comfortable to sit on (per your recommendation, I ordered the Spring Down cushions) or stretch out on while watching TV (seat depth & arm height considerations learned here) and the quality of the workmanship and attention to detail absolutely shines through when you look at the sofa.

If not for your site, I would never have known of Taylor King and the craftsmanship of their products. Buying a sofa sight unseen and without sitting upon it is a leap of faith. But thanks to the information and knowledge I learned from your site, it was a decision made with only minor trepidation.

Thanks again, Duane, for your wonderful website! Next up on our new furnishings list is a leather cocktail ottoman and a couple of side tables, which we can’t wait to purchase directly from you.

Warmest Regards,

AusTex Gal

P.S. We live in a one story Ranch. No steps, no stairs, a wide, easy to enter doorway leading directly into living room and, yes, we tipped the delivery guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1TK front.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	4952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2TK front side.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	4953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3TK back.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	159.5 KB 
ID:	4954

Gatsby Guest

Default Re: Taylor King Sofa is Here! (Pics Attached) Thanks, Duane.

Congratulations on your new sofa. On my monitor the first two pictures show a rust color and the third, showing the back of the sofa, the sofa appears to be a gold color. In real life what is the accurate color?

AusTexGal Guest

The picture from the back is probably a closer color match -- the sofa is definitely a textured mixture of golds & browns. (We used TK fabrics -- Kip Sand, with a contrasting welt in Sanford Chocolate.) The pictures from the front are impacted by the existing rug, which is berry colored and matched the old sofa. A new rug is the next priority, and we're moving to a warmer color pallet, but wanted to wait and finalize the rug choice after the sofa arrived.

Taylor King builds an excellent product, and the are actually up in sales this year by double digits, which is heady news in the furniture industry. They've been doing a LOT of work on their product line, listening to their dealers and it shows. They re-vamped the web site, streamlined the very confusing product line by taking it from (5) categories to (2), made the price book much easier to read and rolled their promotional program into just one group "Portfolio" rather than four separate ones. They have always built a very well-made product, and now with the aggressive Portfolio lineup, have some tremendous values in the line for upholstery that is well made and aggressively prices. I think you will find it will perform very well for you year after year.

Glad you are pleased with your new sofa!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.