Views:	1047 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	4835

oClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (49).JPG 
Views:	1026 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	4841

Oh Geez.... I really hoped you wouldn't come back with something I would fall in love with. I hear the cash register now...ch-ching ch-ching ch-ching and my husband fainting.

Okay, I want to know all you know about this piece. Wood? Designer? Was it comfortable? etc.? In the meantime, I'll be opening my bottle of wine in anticipation of your PM of the price.

In my opinion, this is the prized sofa of the collection. I don't even know what style to call it. It's kind of got Japanese influence but it's very rustic as well.
    Last edited by erinn; 04-24-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: 5507-3 H&M New James Farm Sofa

That's an Alan Price design, and I loved it. Had to buy one for the store I liked it so much. You know, the price book isn't even out on it yet, and won't be for 6 weeks. I can call and get pricing, but its laborious to do so. Let's just say in my store in the $ 5K range as shown. Wood is maple on it. Its designed to float out in the room.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

erinn Guest

How did it sit? Comfortable?The back cushion looks a little firm but I imagine I could request it to be more plush, right?

Yes, it was comfortable (to me) or I'd not have bought one for stock. Remember my guiding rule for stock purchases, I only buy what I would myself own! The showroom model has Ultra Down cores in it.
    Duane Collie

erinn Guest

[QUOTE=erinn;18968]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1614.jpg 
Views:	908 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	4834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1615.jpg 
Views:	1047 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	4835

oClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (49).JPG 
Views:	1026 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	4841

Attachment 4867Attachment 4866Attachment 4868

This is a picture of my living room the sofa would be going in (Where the awful black couch is). And a sample of my rug choice. Would appreciate any opinions about doing the James Farm Sofa as shown in my room. Too light? Good contrast? My other thought is doing Weston Cane Burnished but not sure about wood color choice. If I did choose Weston Cane, could I give Alan Price artistic license to pick all the rest of the wood colors and trim options?

I think the colors are good! Alan won't pick them out for you, sorry. You're on your own for that one. He's a designer, and doesn't work in the day-to-day plant operations.
    Duane Collie

gerald Guest

would the james farm sofa be a good fit for me? it would Not float in the room.. up against a wall and want it for daily living and watching TV is it comfortable enough for that???

I can't say if that one will fit your or not, only you can! As previously mentioned in this thread, I thought it sat very well - and have one that just arrived at my store last week from the Market Intro in April. Unfortunately my store is so full I can't unpack it and display it, its in my small storage facility still in the crate/box, but should look exactly like the photos above. And if anyone wants one right away - I do have it available.
    Duane Collie

gerald Guest

is this a sofa for sitting around and watching tv? or just to sit and chat.. need the former more than the latter.. the look is great and the size is perfect.. not sure what else is similar size wise

Well, you know - everyone has their own definition of what is suitable for a given use. I can only tell you that I wouldn't hesitate to own this in my own home for a comfortable piece suitable for not only looking great, but in a stylish way as well. I have one on order for the floor - and I only order inventory that I think is exceptional. YMMV and all that...
    Duane Collie