Views:	1139 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	5019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0589_Couch_Gimp_1200.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	5020
    Last edited by crunchysue; 05-19-2013 at 01:35 PM.

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Lynne Sofa (5438) in Tiburon Butternut

I was counting on this sofa being more comfortable that it looked in the H&M pictures, and it totally is. It's very cushy and super comfortable. There's nothing hard about it at all; even the arms are softer than they look.

The Tiburon leather is absolutely perfect and exactly what I wanted. It's leather jacket-ish in a very good way. After one week it's already developing a stunning depth of character. It's rich and luxurious and bomb-proof at the same time.

I'll have more pictures up in the next few days, and more comments; I've been super busy this week.

Gatsby Guest

I enjoyed your pictures of the sofa, and other pieces. Question - did you choose the standard cushions or the ultra down cushions? I especially like the Martini chair in Weston Moss. How does the chair sit? Glad you finally have your new furniture.

crunchysue Guest

Gatsby - Thanks! I amended my original post to add that the cushions are the standard ones - no ultra down or anything special. The chair sits wonderfully. Very cushy.

crunchysue Guest

I love the color of this couch, but it's nothing like the sample. Duane says colors can vary by up to 20%; I have no idea what 20% looks like, but I'd call this a pretty extreme difference. That said, the color that comes "out from underneath" (for lack of a better description) where it gets stretched is fairly close to the sample. This gives it a two-tone effect which I think is beautiful. Pull up for the win.

Name:	IMG_0586_Cushion_Swatch_1200.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	5032

Name:	IMG_0588_Cushion_Swatch3_1200.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	5033

crunchysue Guest

A few more odds and ends ...

I felt compelled to replace my beat up old coffee table with this new one from a local shop called The Joinery.

Name:	IMG_0604_Coffee_Table_1200.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	5035

Yes, Zelda the dog is allowed on the couch. Sadly for her, though, she can't jump that high so she can't get on and off at will like she could with the old one. My other dog, Tyler, who is photobombed several of the above pictures, is too old (16) to enjoy people furniture anymore; she much prefers her Tempurpedic bed. But the point is that the leather is so bomber that I have no problem letting dogs up on it.

Name:	IMG_0594_Zelda1_1200.jpg 
Views:	1820 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	5034

I helped the delivery guys by carrying in one couch cushion (big help!) and as I was putting it on the couch in the house, I accidentally scratched it with my fingernail. And I have really short fingernails because I play electric guitar. The cushion was so new and pristine looking, and I yelled, "Whoa! look at that!" in surprise. Half a second later I came to my senses and remembered that it's a waxy pull up and I knew that scratch would A) be the first of many, and B) magically disappear with a little rubbing and time. The deliverers, though, have not read these forums and they just about had a heart attack, so I quickly assured them that it was my fault and also that it was not a problem. Then I rubbed it a little and it half way disappeared. I didn't think to take this picture until after they were gone and my girlfriend and I had already sat on it several times, so you don't get to see how dramatic it looked at first. Here, it's already starting to blend in. By the next day I couldn't find it at all.

Name:	IMG_0534_Scratch.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	5036

crunchysue Guest

Here's what the backs of the cushions look like, and how the sofa looks without them.

The back cushions:

Name:	IMG_0561_Couch_Cushions1_1200.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	5037

A seat cushion:

Name:	IMG_0563_Couch_Cushion_Back_1200.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	5039

No cushions. The velcro can stick to all the black fabric.

Name:	IMG_0562_Couch_Cushionless1_1200.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	5038

crunchysue Guest

needstuff Guest

"..as I was putting it on the couch in the house, I accidentally scratched it with my fingernail. And I have really short fingernails because I play electric guitar."

Here's an anecdote which ties these together:
    Some years ago I bought a really nice Collings acoustic guitar. The second I brought it home, the very first thing I did was I showed it to my wife. She opened the case and picked the guitar up out of it, immediately slamming the headstock on our living room coffee table and dinging it (the headstock).

This headstock was not made of "pull-up" rosewood, and the ding did not rub out.

On the bright side, having the guitar pre-dinged allowed me to worry about it a lot less.

crunchysue Guest

Quote Originally Posted by needstuff View Post
    "..as I was putting it on the couch in the house, I accidentally scratched it with my fingernail. And I have really short fingernails because I play electric guitar."

Here's an anecdote which ties these together:
    Some years ago I bought a really nice Collings acoustic guitar. The second I brought it home, the very first thing I did was I showed it to my wife. She opened the case and picked the guitar up out of it, immediately slamming the headstock on our living room coffee table and dinging it (the headstock).

This headstock was not made of "pull-up" rosewood, and the ding did not rub out.

On the bright side, having the guitar pre-dinged allowed me to worry about it a lot less.
    Oh! I feel you. The first ding is by far the worst!