Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost our Westie today

Default Lost our Westie today

Our 3-year-old Westie perished today inside my daughter's car. "Sammie" jumped in her car about 11 a.m. and was ready to go for a ride, she did not see him and closed the doors - unaware he came in and went to the back seat. When she returned to the car at 2 p.m. he was dead, on the first really hot day we've had this year. She is devastated. I'm going to close the store a little early today and go home, my wife is upset as well. We all really liked that little Westie, he had a lot of spirit and love to go around to all the family members. And of course, please watch your pets and know where they are, especially on these hot summer days.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (36).jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	5096
    Last edited by drcollie; 05-31-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Sheriink Guest

Default Re: Lost our Westie today

OMG, how awful. My thoughts go out to you and your family. Westie's are great little dogs--my family used to breed them in the '70's.

Vegas Guest

Again Duane, I am so sorry about Sammie. I also feel sad for your wife and your daughter. As I said on the phone that very same scenario happens all too often here in Las Vegas with children and pets.

Losing a pet is tough.

erinn Guest

I'm so very sad to hear this news. How especially hard this must be for your daughter. As a pet lover, my hearts goes out to you and your family.

Appreciate all the condolences. It's been a tough couple of days around the house, everyone is missing "Sammie" terribly. We've had (4) dogs over the past 30 years, he's was - by far - the most entertaining and loving.
    Duane Collie

AilFin Guest

I am so sorry, Duane. That's just awful.

Lenore Guest

Lovely picture of Sammie. Very, very sad news and my heart goes out to you, your daughter and your wife.

lionhertyoung Guest

What a loss. I feel so sorry for you, Duane. My hearts goes out to you and your family

Well, for better or worse, we went to the same breeder - Foxcreek Kennels ( its a 4-hour drive each way) where we got our Westie and brought home a 10 week old Cairn Terrier puppy whom we named Gracie. Here's a photo of her on the way home in my wife's lap. Puppies are exhausting!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gracie.jpeg 
Views:	293 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	5134
    Duane Collie

Vegas Guest

Gracie is so so cute. Terriers are wonderful.

I sure wish you would have taken me up on my bet. Do you remember?

I think the pain of your family's loss for Sammie will ease greatly because you won't have as much time to constantly think about it as you all will be so busy with raising a new puppy. In my humble opinion, a home without a pet is just a house.

All the best to you and your family in the adventures ahead. Oh, better watch out for the leather as the puppies love to chew any little piece they can get, at least some puppies. Something tells me you already are quite aware of that possibility. My daughter's six month old Pomeranian found just the right little edge on her H&M sofa to chew a hole but it was repaired easily (left a hidden seam). My miniature schnauzers as puppies or full grown dogs never were big chewers.

Gracie will be a treasure.....eventually, tee hee.