Thread: A Customer shopping deals....

Default A Customer shopping deals....

I ran my Flexsteel on closeout on the WASH DC Craigslist (same ad I have here in the Vendor forum). Got an excited call from a gentleman who lives an hour away and he wanted that Flexsteel leather recliner I had. So he makes the drive in on Saturday and gets an eyefall of the Hancock and Moore in the store, and makes the mistake of sitting in the 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt Chair and Ottoman. "PERFECT! I LOVE IT!" He says. Then he picks up the pricetag and says "Are you kidding me? Chair and Ottoman are $ 2,200? Thats just nuts. No way, no way...do people actually buy this at that price?"

I simply tell him "The $ 499 Closeout Flexsteel you came for is upstairs, let me show you." And I take him up and he tries it for all of 20 seconds.

"This is piece of junk - I don't want this! But I'm not paying $ 2,200 for a chair, either!"

So I excuse myself to go wait on other customers and to my surprise he stays in the store for another hour and a half, circling that H&M unit. A couple of times he tries me on for price on it, but I don't budge. "Go shop it around, if you can find a better price then get it, but you won't." I hear him moaning and groaning about the price, but right before he leaves he has himself talked into the Austin High Back Tilt.

"I'll call you on Monday about that Hancock and Moore chair, I want it."

Heh. Wanna sell H&M? Have a cheap made-in-China recliner in the store.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ckdc Guest

That's wrong man..you're just mean. I mean, I just don't know.....seriously, you're just a mean person Duane doing that to that poor man. Anyone who calls on stuff like that then shows up shouldn't be allowed to see that H&M stuff.

I'm seriously not even coming into your shop until that Capri Butternut Sundance Seductress Sofa you ordered is outta there for good.

Who knows how it may affect me is I saw it or felt it....

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I ran my Flexsteel on closeout on the WASH DC Craigslist (same ad I have here in the Vendor forum). Got an excited call from a gentleman who lives an hour away and he wanted that Flexsteel leather recliner I had. So he makes the drive in on Saturday and gets an eyefall of the Hancock and Moore in the store, and makes the mistake of sitting in the 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt Chair and Ottoman. "PERFECT! I LOVE IT!" He says. Then he picks up the pricetag and says "Are you kidding me? Chair and Ottoman are $ 2,200? Thats just nuts. No way, no way...do people actually buy this at that price?"

I simply tell him "The $ 499 Closeout Flexsteel you came for is upstairs, let me show you." And I take him up and he tries it for all of 20 seconds.

"This is piece of junk - I don't want this! But I'm not paying $ 2,200 for a chair, either!"

So I excuse myself to go wait on other customers and to my surprise he stays in the store for another hour and a half, circling that H&M unit. A couple of times he tries me on for price on it, but I don't budge. "Go shop it around, if you can find a better price then get it, but you won't." I hear him moaning and groaning about the price, but right before he leaves he has himself talked into the Austin High Back Tilt.

"I'll call you on Monday about that Hancock and Moore chair, I want it."

Heh. Wanna sell H&M? Have a cheap made-in-China recliner in the store.
    I actually would of been happy paying that for an H&M chair and ottoman. I know that flexsteel isn't in the same league as H&M but had no idea there Chinese made stuff was that easy to see the difference.