I am looking for a sofa that looks like it belongs in the living room and performs like it belongs in the family room. It will get every day use primarily by adults and will often be eaten on (read food spills are a virtual certainty). I am tired of disposable furniture and am looking for something with a frame that I can expect to last 20 years and upholstery that I can expect to last 10 years.

I know, I know: kiln dried hard wood, corner blocked, double doweled, glued, and screwed, 8 way hand tied… So I am thinking H & M but open to others. I need something that is about 86” long, 40” deep, 38” tall. Does anyone have a favorite frame that sits comfortable but would look right in a formal space (maybe the Bradley or September)?

And, here is the real challenge – big points to anyone who can solve it. I would really like a golden/ wheat colored upholstery in a “W” coded fabric and ideally in a “performance” fabric (one of these indoor/ outdoors that are getting so popular). Can anyone recommend a fabric (not leather) for me (preferably from H &M or one of the Jessica Charles that crosses over) – I am willing to pay extra for wear (but you will get double points for a low price code) and I would like to avoid steep COM fees if possible.

Cheers!