Hello all!

After doing a few days worth of browsing through the forum I have decided to register as a member. I have learned quite a bit and have also become quite skeptical about purchasing any piece of furniture that seems to be in my price range.

My fiance and I are purchasing our first home and the end of the month and among everything else, we need a sofa for the living room. We will add the chairs or loveseats, coffee tables, etc as we find deals on them as they are not an immediate necessity. I am sure there have been plenty of threads similar to mine, but I have not searched through all of them.

We are budget-shopping for almost everything including the sofa. That may be counter-productive to finding anything that resembles quality. Our budget for a sofa is $1000-2000 approximately. I am not expecting to purchase a sofa that lasts forever in this price range just something that will last us some decent years.

Can anyone provide suggestions as to what brands/manufacturers might be better options within this category? If it helps, I am in Pennsylvania and I understand not all manufacturers are available everywhere. Thank you in advance!