Thread: Buying first home - researching sofa brands/manufacturers

lilbusta Guest

Default Buying first home - researching sofa brands/manufacturers

Hello all!

After doing a few days worth of browsing through the forum I have decided to register as a member. I have learned quite a bit and have also become quite skeptical about purchasing any piece of furniture that seems to be in my price range.

My fiance and I are purchasing our first home and the end of the month and among everything else, we need a sofa for the living room. We will add the chairs or loveseats, coffee tables, etc as we find deals on them as they are not an immediate necessity. I am sure there have been plenty of threads similar to mine, but I have not searched through all of them.

We are budget-shopping for almost everything including the sofa. That may be counter-productive to finding anything that resembles quality. Our budget for a sofa is $1000-2000 approximately. I am not expecting to purchase a sofa that lasts forever in this price range just something that will last us some decent years.

Can anyone provide suggestions as to what brands/manufacturers might be better options within this category? If it helps, I am in Pennsylvania and I understand not all manufacturers are available everywhere. Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Buying first home - researching sofa brands/manufacturers

I'd recommend the Taylor King line in the "Portfolio" collection of fabrics. That's a very well made piece, proper construction - USA made - fabrics are decent and I sell the basic models that will come in at the middle of your budget, before shipping/delivery fees. Unfortunately, T.K. does not publish this collection on-line and they have asked me not to scan it and post it, so there is nothing to look at on the computer - sorry. I really and truly think this is the best dollar/value deal going of any I've seen in the Marketplace.

I have two of these on display in my store, but never posted photos of them - but will do so and the link is here:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...9534#post19534
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-13-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

lilbusta Guest

Default Re: Buying first home - researching sofa brands/manufacturers

Thanks Duane,

I appreciate your response. Sorry if I end up double posting I am not sure if the last reply went through. The closest TK dealer to me is about 35 miles away, but would like to find time to see this line in person. I wish I were in your area so I could consult with you as you obviously know your stuff.

Do you recommend I inquire about floor model sales for this brand to see if I can get a more affordable price?

By the way - the plantation tufted bench you posted recently is awesome.