Thread: new sofa

karlos Guest

Default new sofa

I am looking for a new sofa the H@M city 9844 is around 4k for a non married leather i understand for a promotion price of 3100.. that is the married line and you only have 2 colors. my wife is a chemist and has tested some nasty foam coming out of china that off gas for years , just concerned the leather is treated in china with chemicals??? any other brands as good and not have chinese married covers like the town and country line by HM. what about the sticlkey monterey? or 1942 by whittemore sherill> or leathercraft and legacy...
    I am just looking for comfort for the 4 of us. 2kids... not sure if i need a 100inch sofa or just a big chair too. Thanks , what is your price for the hm level b leather. and do you ship this far. Seattle ,wa
    Last edited by karlos; 02-10-2009 at 12:20 AM.

r1200gsa Guest

Default ???

Umm...what?

How far is this far?

Further? Never mind, that was a bus....

Duane will hook you up.

Wow, I think that was the most questions asked in one sentence EVER!

All leather has nasty stuff in it, that's called the tanning process. And its REALLY nasty, too, an EPA nightmare. That's why there are not many tanneries in the USA (Boston used to be the leather tanning capitol of the world back in the 1800's).

The only two hides sourced from China in the H&M line are Document and Cavalier. Are they any better or worse than those coming from other countries? Hard to say....I've not heard anything negative on them, but then again China is not especially known for adhering to manufacturing safety standards. But, if you want a cheaper price then thats where you have to be. The Euro hides are fantastic, but more expensive. Its all about choices and with 413 leathers in H&M, there should be one that works for you.

I can ship worldwide, Seattle is easy.

Not sure what you are looking for in a price, there are no grade "B" leathers in any brands I carry?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.