Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&M Sundance Sofa and Loveseat in Portfolio Claret - Ottoman and Wing Chairs dilemma

Default Re: H&M Sundance Sofa and Loveseat in Portfolio Claret - Ottoman and Wing Chairs dile

I measured my 4716 Floor Model today very carefully. Total outside depth, from the front of one of the arms to the middle of the back (deepest points) and it measures 49". Remember this is hand-made furniture and the H&M tolerance value is +/- 2" on production standards.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Damask Guest

Default Re: H&M Sundance Sofa and Loveseat in Portfolio Claret - Ottoman and Wing Chairs dile

Thank you Duane.
    Well, that's quite disturbing news to me...
    However, what I now worry most about is not so much the overall depth but the sitting depth.
    The H&M website states 24" for 'inside depth' - for 46" overall depth sofa.
    Amanda said that her middle seat cushion is ca. 23.5" and a bit more for the side seats - her Sundance is 50" overall depth.

I know you are very busy these days... but you mentioned in another thread that you were going to take some photos of the Sundance inside your store... - if you happen to grab the measuring tape at the same time and could check the depth of the sitting areas on your new Sundance, I would greatly appreciate it !!!
    Thank you in advance!

Inside seat depth on my floor model is 22" - but this is brand new out of the box - cushions break in a bit and that will increase.

Here's photos of the Sundance inside the store....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0009.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	5549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0010.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	5550
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Damask Guest

Again, Thank you Duane!
    I finally have to admit what everybody knows by now (especially my wonderful husband )... I'm overthinking the whole thing and worry too much

I'm going to look into H&M pillows, may be a good idea to help with the depth of the seats.

Btw, I got the leather samples for the ottoman, thank you! We'll be making our final choice over the weekend.

Damask Guest

Update
    The decision on the ottoman has been made... finally LOL

We are getting 045 Plantation Bench BUT TUFTED - the way its smaller version is (043) - in Cayman Rust, GR5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HM 045 Plantation Bench.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	5574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HM 043 Plantation Tufted Bench.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	5575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cayman Rust Class 5 Unprotected.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	5576

It wasn't easy... for a day or two we were even considering getting it in Claret Portfolio again... Glad we came to our senses After studying all the crocs / gators / caymans etc. and going through all the possible posts with pictures, my top choices were Cayman Coffee, Old Croc Tortoise, and Cayman Rust. How glad I am that I ordered the samples! Cayman Coffee would be too dark and too flat/matt; from few feet away I could barely make out the pattern. Old Croc Tortoise is very shiny, think patent leather. So it all came back to Duane's first recommendation, Cayman Rust. Thank you, Duane!

We were also considering removing the casters, but with such a big bench I think the casters will come very handy.
    What a relief to have finally decided on everything... though on the other hand, I know in a day or two I'll miss it LOL No worries, many more projects on their way; still will need to get the wing chairs, and the pillows, and I want to put a rug in front of the sofas.... I know, I know, I should have started with the rug And then everything else for the whole house! Had to promise DH that I'm not going to spend this much time on every single piece, or we won't finish furnishing the house by the time my beloved son goes to college

Damask Guest

One more note regarding the three leathers mentioned above.
    I was worried about using them on the ottoman because they are unprotected... I tried to scratch the samples with my nails but to no avail!
    So no worries!

BevoGal Guest

I really like that leather choice! Well done! And I think casters are a smart choice as well. I have no idea which leather I would choose for an ottoman to go with our Weston Sand sectional, but I know it would have to be something different...

Enjoy your continued hunt for a rug, etc.