Thread: Opinions on Sofas...Hancock and Moore

Dram202 Guest

Default Opinions on Sofas...Hancock and Moore

Greetings group,

I am new here and this is my first post. I was hoping to get some insight and opinions about what sofa might be best in my situation. I am soon moving into a "smallish" 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor, (just me) and will essentially be starting a new life and will be buying all new furniture.

I will probably be living in this apartment for at least a couple of years and more than likely the same town for 3-5 years and perhaps longer. So any moving during that time will be local.

My questions are pretty much about size and compatibility of the following three sofas: Hancock and Moore: City, Sundance, and Sloane models. Out of the three, the Sundance Sofa was my favorite and found it for a reasonable price in the Profile Tobacco Gr. 2 leather. What concerns me about the Sundance is the depth of it...I went and saw it at a local furniture store and couldn't believe how wide it is. Has anyone had experience trying to fit this sofa in an apartment? If I were to purchase the Sundance, is this the type of Sofa that would have to be hoisted outside and brought through the balcony?

The second sofa I really like is the HM Sloane model. And of course, the fact that I will be an apartment dweller for the foreseeable future, I have considered the "City" model---non sleeper.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

J

Default Re: Opinions on Sofas...Hancock and Moore

Sundance is generally WAY-WAY too big for an Apartment, it probably won't fit into it and its better as a floating piece that up against a wall. Sloane is very nice, but its a good-sized piece as well. The City is compact and goes everywhere - comes in two sizes the 9840 and 9844.

You do not want to do a hoist install. Expensive.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I love the lines on the Sloane and it's only 3 inches longer than City, right? Not sure how precisely you can measure your stairways or doorways.

gerald Guest

wife and I redoing our den. need a sofa that is not too long or too deep due to dimensions of room and entryway. Have looked online and narrrowed it down to H & M.. 5161 Claudette, 9840 City,4153 Reserve,4275 Restoration 1233 Lennon Want comfort to stretch out and watch TV OR
    B & Y - West Haven 759-95, Stamford 753-95 ( they seem similar in style and dimension so I don't know what difference is) Melbourne 125-96 or last resort Yorba 508-95. Which sofa would be most comfortable lie down in and watch tv or sit up comfortably to read? looking at leather only that is durable.. grade 2 was suggested by friends with leather...
    IN H & M thought about Tierra french gr 3? or one of t he burnished leathers in H & M but don't want it to look dark or orange.. any ideas?

Well, no one can tell you what you are going to find comfortable....any more than they can pick out shoes for you to walk in. Those are all decent models, you'll have to 'road-test' a few to see. Some of those sit 'smaller' and some sit 'larger' so a lot depends on your body type and preferences. For example, I would not buy a City Sofa because they sit too 'small' for me, but I'm a big guy.

Leather 'grades' are pricing categories only and have nothing to do with service use or durability. How often you wipe down the sofa with a damp rag and 2x a year clean/condition the hide is the key to longevity, not a particular leather grade or type.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Marti Guest

In a hancock and Moore smaller sofa, between. City restoration and Lennon, which one has more seating area and is less bulky looking? Do you have i your showroom