Thread: cant decide H& M sofa

karlos Guest

Cool cant decide H& M sofa

Any Ideas out there for for the most comfortable sofa to watch tv on and lie down on I am 5ft 11. so far the city sofa the long version or the kodiak or the austin? I am thinking sofa bed but I would be too lazy to set it up. Thanks from Seattle where we hide inside thru the rainy winters... Ps all my 3-5 yr old reclining lazy boy crap is creaking and ripping out at the seams and the rep says no warranty for any of these problems ,never again will we buy this expensive chinese made junk.

# 1 comfort champ in the sofa line is the Austin High Back sofa. It blows away all the others in that department. Kodiak is also good, better than the City in my opinion. Also look at the Journey and Journal.

One thing I like is to add larger ottomans to sofas, to really make then comfortable. Use instead of a coffee table.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    # 1 comfort champ in the sofa line is the Austin High Back sofa. It blows away all the others in that department. Kodiak is also good, better than the City in my opinion. Also look at the Journey and Journal.

One thing I like is to add larger ottomans to sofas, to really make then comfortable. Use instead of a coffee table.
    Do you find that the shorter arm sofa's are still as comfortable when laying down? When I was shopping I really liked a high back sofa similar to the Austin in the way it was designed but just found those short arms didn't seem to give enough head comfort when trying it out. It was great for sitting and relaxing just when laying down I didn't like as much but maybe I should of gave it more time?

ckdc Guest

Duane you mentioned the height of an ottoman as it relates to a sofa a few posts back. Can you refresh those suggestions here as to what you consider large?

dr56 Guest

Default Ottoman question

I just happend to be looking at this post earlier so I thought I'd paste it here for you, if this is what you were looking for. I hope you don't mind Duane!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The name ottoman and bench are used interchangeably in the same way lounger and recliner are used, or even sofa and couch.

Pretty much whatever size looks good is going to work. The key when using with a chair or sofa is you want the ottoman (what I always call them) to be shorter in height than the seat height of the piece its going up against. I like a 2" drop as number to use, so if the seat height is 20", then you want your ottoman to be around 18" high.

Most folks use and ottoman OR a coffee table, but not both. While a lot of the ottomans will roll around the coffee tables usually don't, which makes them harder to handle and less likely to be moved.

The # 069 Ottoman is designed for the Campaign sofa, that's probably the one I'd be inclined to put with your new piece.

ckdc Guest

that's it!! thx