Thread: Room Selections (possbily) and questions on Gibbs Chair - Input requested!

Thomdm Guest

Default Room Selections (possbily) and questions on Gibbs Chair - Input requested!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5363_Gibbs_OC_PR.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	5524

I very much appreciate everyone's posts on this forum. I've only posted a couple times, but I feel like I've read every post on the forum more than once! Yall have been so very helpful.

I'm almost complete with my selections and would like some input on the final couple items. I am going to be ordering:
    Evening Sofa (1667) in Antelope Chino, with the nail heads on the curved back like I saw in this forum (loved this!)
    two Addison bustle back recliners (1023), the front in Capri Tobacco and the sides and back in Alligator Auburn
    Plantation Tufted bench (043) in Cameo Tan Burnished (modified to 52"X29" and 17.5"high) -slightly unsure of this leather
    Gibbs Chair (5363)

For the Gibbs Chair, the 2 leathers I'm considering are the Imperial Cordovan Burnished and the Capri Bordeaux. The Capri would probably tailor better on the tufted back and is much softer, while the Imperial Cordovan seems to have more depth to it and the darker tones in it might link better with the Capri Tobacco on the recliners. I had planned on having the wood in every selection to be Belgian Chocolate, since I loved the look of it in some of the forum pictures. However, I don't know if it would complement either of the leathers on the Gibbs chair. Does anyone know what the wood is shown on the Gibbs chair on their website (and hopefully linked here)? I'm also thinking about having the buttons on the tufted back of the chair done in the Capri Tobacco to help link it to the room.

What are your thoughts and recommendations for the leather and wood choices for the Gibbs? Any other thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Vegas Guest

Default Re: Room Selections (possbily) and questions on Gibbs Chair - Input requested!

I have the Princeton chair and matching ottoman in Cameo Brown Burnished. The leather is forgiving, supple, and beautiful.

I have an English Swivel Tilt Executive chair on order with Duane in Capri Bordeaux with Belgian Chocolate. The Chair is highly tufted.

I also have a Utah Tufted Chair and Ottoman in Ultra Down on order in a Navy Capri with Belgian Chocolate. All the pieces are A nail based on Duane's recommendation.

The only other leather I am familiar with is the Hand Painted Burnished Antiqued Sunset which is on my Carmen Sofa. It is a striking variance of color. The leather holds up so well with my dogs I am totally surprised. Its not like they jump on the sofa constantly but can if they want to and any light scratches easily rub out with my thumb and a little Vaseline Intensive hand cream recommended by Duane. The leather was stiff and a little squeaky at first. The sofa is about four months old now and the leather seems like it is relaxing and not so taut and not as squeaky. My husband and I love it.

So, I don't think you can go wrong with the Cameo Tan Burnished or the Cordovan Burnished. Our Cameo brown is a lightly burnished leather so maybe the Cordovan would be better since it is for your Plantation Tufted Bench because it appears to be more burnished.

For your Gibbs Chair, I don't think you would be disappointed either way. However, the Capri will have a softer hand than the Cordovan Burnished based on what I've read on the forum and from samples I have ordered. They are both beautiful leathers.

joywzy Guest

Default Re: Room Selections (possbily) and questions on Gibbs Chair - Input requested!

Thomdm, did you buy this Gibbs chair? How do you feel when you sit in it? It is truly a beauty. I am wondering how comfortable to sit on it. We can sit in it for hours, or only for an hour as an occasional chair?

Thank you.