Thread: Trying to catch up....

Default Trying to catch up....

Just a quick 'drive-by' here to let everyone know that the phone is ringing off the hook, emails and PM's are backed up, and folks are in the store - all keeping me working at a record pace. I'm sorry if I can't respond to you immediately on the phone, and email/pm's are behind as well. I am staying late tonight at the store trying to catch up and addressing requests in the order they come in.

Thanks for your patience, I'm working as quickly as expeditiously as I can but not so fast that I make order mistakes.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Damask Guest

Default Re: Trying to catch up....

Thank you for the update, Duane! I started worrying that something bad had happened to you!!! Will wait patiently for your PM... GOOD LUCK! To all of us too

Just another quick note....I'm sorry, but I cannot keep up with the barrage of emails and PM's, its impossible for me to do. Here's how you can help me:

* Limit quotes to no more than a few combos - I have to calculate each one - if you ask for 15 or 16 prices then that's an hours work and your quote will be skipped over.

* I cannot help with decorating at this late date.

* No need to respond with 'thank you' or "I will get back to you", as that's just another email or PM I have to process.

* Calling and leaving half a dozen voice mails does not get you a faster response time than leaving just one voice mail.

I'm sorry, there's not enough of me to go around right now and I will take firm orders first, questions later. Custom work is unlikely to get much of a response right now. I'm having to do just the basics for the moment. This will settle down next week.....
    Duane Collie

I have a little problem. Too many e-mails, too many PM's and too many phone calls. There is only one of me, and I cannot handle the volume coming in before all this H&M price increase happens, my apologies. Today I had customers in the store solid from 8:30 a.m to 4 p.m. and took the telephone off the hook, so if you called you got a busy signal. It must have rang over 100 times.

In-store customers have to come first because - well - they're here in the store! And freight is coming in to unload and I have to do that, too. I can't hire someone to help me out this week because they would not be trained and that's no good. I do have to finish off one order before I can start another, I can't simply stack them up and get to them later because things get lost and misplaced that way.

I may not get to your order this week, or your email or phone calls. I stayed until midnight last night and still can't keep up. I'll do the best I can but you may get shut-out and if you do I apologize. Unfortunately I cannot get extensions on pricing.

P.S. PLEASE leave messages and don't call 15 to 20 times in a row. That just makes me take the phone off the hook!

Some of ya'll are very persistent (in calling every 15 minutes) and I understand if you need to take your business elsewhere where they are not quite so busy. I value every customer and every sale, but when I have 50 customers in a day, I can't handle it. sorry.

Back to work.....
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Duane Collie

A quick note,

I am still swamped, trying to work though calls/pms/emails. I've decided that in order to catch up, I'll work this Sunday July 21st from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (I am normally closed on Sundays) for phone orders / email only. I will not have the store open.

That way if you wish to call in an order to me at 703-360-6399 I'll make sure you get in before the new H&M prices take effect the next day. Please note that I won't be able to check leather or cover stocks or get custom quotes on any H&M products as they will not be open.

Thanks for your patience!
    Duane Collie

Worked until midnight tonight...will be back in at 8 a.m.

I am about 50% caught up on emails and PM's right now. I hope to get to most everyone's order by tomorrow sometime.
    Duane Collie

Still pretty buried...added burden is my elderly parents needed my help yesterday requiring me to be at their home overnight (Father has Dementia). I should be back in the store this morning and am planning on also being there Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm, but only for phone and email orders (store will not physically be open on Sunday). Thanks for your patience, I've never experienced this many requests in such a short time period...it's clear I need to hire and train an assistant.
    Duane Collie

Praline Guest

I am truly sorry about your Father - he is very lucky to have you... I lost mine almost 7 years ago to cancer...

BevoGal Guest

Hang in there, Duane. Sounds like your plate is a tad bit FULL. My thoughts are with you regarding your parents (lost my mom to bone cancer when she was 52 and I was 24, and I took care of her in my home throughout the entire process). Know they are grateful for your support.

Hate to add to your pile, but may be calling you at the store on Sunday re: Executive Chairs.

Still working on catching up, folks....I took orders solid for nearly 10 days or so, now that that 'rush' is past I have a mountain of bills / invoices / taxes to do that stacked up on my desk. So I'm still not ready to tackle all the emails that and PM's that have come in since 07/22 - have to pay the suppliers, process shipped orders, unpack freight and do tax work first. I should be caught up by the weekend.
    Duane Collie