Thread: Tomorrow - July 31st - last day for H&M / Jessica Charles / Council

Default Tomorrow - July 31st - last day for H&M / Jessica Charles / Council

Tomorrow, July 31st, is the last day do mail order / phone order / internet order those brands before the new price control policy kicks in August 1. Beginning 08/01/13, no dealer can sell these brands at any less than 35% off MSRP. This applies to every dealer in every state. Only if you are physically present in a brick and mortar store can you get a better price point.

I expect my phones to be very busy tomorrow. Those that know exactly what they want will get first priority to order before the deadline.

While I don't agree with this new policy, I will abide by it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Tomorrow - July 31st - last day for H&M / Jessica Charles / Council

We are now operating under the new policy for H&M / Jessica Charles / Councill.

What this means is you can no longer mail order / internet / phone order these products at a discount. All H&M dealers are forbidden from selling at less than 35% off MSRP and we cannot include free shipping or other promotions to come below that price point. This does NOT apply if you physically show up in a brick and mortar dealer that carries H&M. If you make the trip and show up in person - no matter where you live - the dealer can sell to you at any price they like.

As an example, let's use one of the most popular sofas in the line .... the # 9840 City Sofa in Town and Country Married Cover (Cavalier Henna / Mocha or Taupe leather).

Prior to 08/01/13 I would sell that to you for $ $ 2,507.
    Beginning 08/01/13 I am required to sell that at no less than 35% off MSRP which would make it $ 5,031.

Yes, that is more than double the price. So be it, H&M is solidly behind their brick and mortar dealers and does not want or encourage e-commerce price shopping. There just have been too many customers going into their local stores asking them to price match a discounted price and this is the result. I have long warned that this would eventually happen and now it has come to be.

However, if you show up in my store and live in Montana, California, Texas or any other state then as long as we are face-to-face in the store you will get that $ 2,507 price. Kind of makes it worth a visit to Washington DC, eh? I'm only 2.5 miles from historic Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington. Come pay a visit and save enough to pay for the trip if you like!

Note that other brands and lines I carry (Taylor King, Bradington Young, etc) are not affected by this new e-commerce policy.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.