Thread: Looking for leather sectional with motorized recliners.

Double D Guest

Default Looking for leather sectional with motorized recliners.

Hi! I've just joined the forum, but have been looking at some past threads. I recently moved to a condo and would like to find a leather sectional that includes motorized recliners, but doesn't look bulky or like home-theater furniture. Want something that looks more like living room furniture, but is comfortable. I was considering Omnia (Fairfield Model) or Smith Brothers of Berne (Model 414 or 412), although they are a little bulkier than I would like. I read an old thread of yours regarding the negatives of Omnia. I really want high-end furniture that will last for many years. Are you familiar with Smith Brothers? In their motion pieces they offer coil spring seating and no-sagback springs. After reading your posts I am going to check out Hancock & Moore (only one dealer in my area of Milwaukee) and Bradington-Young. Can you give me any advice on the difference between the quality of these manufacturers, especially Smith Brothers and Omnia since at this point I am most familiar with them. I definitely am looking for American-Made!!! Thanks for any help you can provide!

Default Re: Looking for leather sectional with motorized recliners.

Here's the thing with motorized sectionals - they are all pretty close to being the same! Most every one of decent quality has the Leggett and Platt mechanism and motors, and they all use the same series number model for the most part. So for durability, not much difference. No recliner can have an 8-way tied coil spring seat - its impossible. So they are all drop-in coil units and the backs are no sag. That's pretty commonplace as well. The non-recliner areas can be made differently (and a few are) but they don't get much use!

There are really no compact motorized sectionals that I've come across, they are all fairly good sized. Be sure to check your door width egress before ordering any sectional since you are in a Condo - there are many that may not fit in your place. H&M is top tier but skip them....they will be very costly in motorized (around $ 10K). BY has the 912 series which I happen to like a lot for about $ 6K. Smith Bros has a good rep, Omnia is middle of the road.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.