Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differences in Furniture

artielange Guest

Duane, can you turn the trapezoid table the other way (one hundred eighty degrees)? Do you have any other small pieces like this in more of a mission style?
    Last edited by artielange; 02-19-2009 at 09:22 PM.

That little table is designed to fit up against the wall in that direction only, sorry! I'm not sure what a Mission style version of this would look like. Have a photo or link of something similar?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

artielange Guest

No, I was just wondering if you had any little pieces that have a plain tapered leg style.

I finally hit the last store in the area and thought I'd report my findings.

This store sells H&M, Sherril, Stickley, amoung other brands and was running a 50-70% sales floor reduction. From my understanding they were trying to sell off all the floor inventory but didn't see anything new on the floor yet.

They had some nice pieces, must say I was very impressed witht he H&M City sofa they had, very comfortable. I tried out a H&M Austin high back tilt chair and ottoman, which I found nice but not as comfortable as I thought though it was the high back and a show room piece to boot. The chair actually made a wierd sound anytime I put my right arm down on the arm of the chair. Their "sale" price for the floor model was $2,000.00 and the ottoman I think was $650.00 or so. I believe this chair was in married type 2 leather but didn't verify since their store was dark and didn't want to squint to read the tags. I can say that I sat in several chairs comparable to the austin in shape of the cusion and everything and probably would find the Grainger style more my comfort level but would want to try one before buying to make sure it was right.

The store had some very furniture but I felt their sale price should be where they normally price everyday but that's my opinion. The sales person was very friendly and did a lot of stopping by and talking about each piece and overall a nice visit.

dr56 Guest

Default Thanks for sharing your shopping expierence

I appreciate your sharing your shopping expierence with the forum. I, too, did not find the Austin as comfortable as expected when I was shopping, however, comfort is a very personal experience. Just by chance did this store have the Kipling Lounger (7092) or did you have the opportunity to try it. This is the reclliner I really want and its dimensions are similar to the Grainger which you had thought was more comfortable. I have to make a 2 hour one-way drive to try out the Kipling and because of our very snowy winter I have not been able to make the trip. Simply do not want a 4 hour drive turning into a 6 or 10 hour drive just to test-drive a chair. I do appreciate you sharing your expierences, however as H&M is not that readily available in our area. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dr56 View Post
    I appreciate your sharing your shopping expierence with the forum. I, too, did not find the Austin as comfortable as expected when I was shopping, however, comfort is a very personal experience. Just by chance did this store have the Kipling Lounger (7092) or did you have the opportunity to try it. This is the reclliner I really want and its dimensions are similar to the Grainger which you had thought was more comfortable. I have to make a 2 hour one-way drive to try out the Kipling and because of our very snowy winter I have not been able to make the trip. Simply do not want a 4 hour drive turning into a 6 or 10 hour drive just to test-drive a chair. I do appreciate you sharing your expierences, however as H&M is not that readily available in our area. Many thanks!
    I am guessing I would like the Grainger better because of it's shape and dimensions but have not had the good luck to find one to try out yet. The reason I think the grainger will be more to my tastes is because I usually prefer a non-curved seat cushion but a flat/square one like the Grainger when I try other chairs that are styled like the austin and then like the grainger. I wonder if the chair being a high back also took away since the dimensions are bigger than it's regular version. Do you mean the Kilby lounger (7092)? I did not see that piece to try out. I really would like a tilt back chair and ottoman in leather to complete my living room.

Also it's nice to see the Duane's prices are still more fair than some stores "sale" on a floor piece. Each store can charge what they want but we can choose where to spend our money.
    Last edited by Briant73; 02-22-2009 at 01:53 PM.

The Grainger Series from H&M is relatively new and is a variant of the best-selling Austin group. It just came onto the Town and Country program in January 2009, so I expect you will begin to see it in showrooms as stores buy new stock. The vast majority of H&M dealers floor items from the Town and County program as the price points are much more aggressive in that program. If its not in T&C, the chance of finding it on the floor in a store are slim. That's also why its not likely you'll find a 7092 (Kipling) lounger on the floor as its not a T&C piece.

In the current economic climate, dealers are going to stock the proven best-sellers and pieces with the most aggressive price points. Of course, there are the occasional nuts like me that order $undance sofas in grade 4 Capri leather for stock <grin>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Thanks Briant 73. I must have not read your post correctly, thinking you did sit in the Grainger. We may all have to make a trip to H&M to sit in all the chairs and report our findings here! LOL!

Thanks Duane as well. I did find the Kilby Lounger in a store, however, as I mentioned its a two hour drive.......not close enough for me! You are correct however that stores will only have their top-sellers on hand. With the economy its only going to get more difficult, I believe, to find what you want in a store.

Yes, Duane does have great pricing and a great reputation which normally are not synomonous to each other. You are a rare find these days, Duane and I am close to buying my chair from you and perhaps without a test-drive of the chair......it looks very comfy!

P.S. Hope you are feeling better, Duane!