Thread: Bradington Young Lounger with Pop Up Headrest

djjm Guest

Default Bradington Young Lounger with Pop Up Headrest

Does anybody have experience with a Bradington Young lounger with the pop up headrest? Specifically, I like the 6030 "Marlow" But I wonder if that pop up headrest works well, and will it be durable. I also have a question about the power recline option. Is it slow? I'm always jumping up from the chair to to take care of something like the doorbell or the phone, and I'm concerned that having to wait for the motor to work so that I could get up would drive me nuts. Does anybody have experience on how long it takes for the motor to return the chair to upright from a recline?

And Duane, What do you think of the 6030? Just your opinion on the headrest, and how it sits for you. And what married cover does it come with? My impression is that the power recline adds $200-$300. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help.
    David

Default Re: Bradington Young Lounger with Pop Up Headrest

Hi David,

The pop-up headrests work well, they're pretty trick actually. They introduced them in 2011 at Market but it was nearly a year before they were able to get them into production afterwards. I've not heard of any issues with the pop-up feature. Power actions are slow. Probably 4 to 5 seconds to cycle. I have a video of one posted here under LEATHER > RESOURCE PHOTOS and look for the Austin # 3032 Power Lift Recliner in Cavalier Oxblood. You can see the time to recline in the video. # 6030 sits well (for me) Married cover leather is # 9910 series leather and prices it at $ 1,231 from my store + delivery fees, motorized adds $ 175. B-Y does not sample the married covers to dealers for some reason, so I can't tell you what the 9910 series hides look like or the color ways. Only the B-Y Sales Reps carry the married cover samples.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young Lounger with Pop Up Headrest

The video Duane referred to is here