Thread: H&M vs. Sherrill leather sofa

odermatt1329 Guest

Default H&M vs. Sherrill leather sofa

Hello all,

Just got back from looking local Sherrill dealer and wanted thoughts on quality. I've been researching H&M and am sold, however, I was disappointed in the selections at our local store. I hate to purchase before being able to sit in a sofa but all the stores that carry H&M have limited items on the floor. Is that just the way it is with H&M? Also, I inquired about the Town and Country Program and the salesperson had never heard of it. Is it normal for a store to carry H&M, however limited, and not be a part of the Town and Country Program? Thanks!

Default Re: H&M vs. Sherrill leather sofa

A dealer has to 'buy into' the Town & Country program, its not automatic with a H&M Dealership. It requires several display floor models to participate. Every store has to figure out what their customers want (usually something 'on sale' and lower price points) and carry inventory accordingly. My store has typically thirty pieces of H&M at any given time packed into only 5,000 square feet, because my philosophy has been to carry high quality product rather than what I can simply push out the door. I abhor poor quality goods and its reflected in my product mic. Its probably a flawed concept....lol.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

TxHorn05 Guest

Default Re: H&M vs. Sherrill leather sofa

I bought a Whittemore-Sherrill leather sofa this past summer from a local furniture chain. The leather on one of the cushions started cracking within 4 weeks of getting the couch. It was not a special order so maybe it sat in a hot warehouse too long? Before I noticed the crack I was disappointed that the cushions were already starting to look worn. Luckily I was able to return the couch. Internet research brought me to this forum and I ended up purchasing H&M.