Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't wait!

Sarah Guest

Default Can't wait!

I am purchasing a new Hancock and Moore recliner ("Springfield Lounger") from Duane for my family room! I am so excited about this purchase - we have wanted a new recliner for a looooong time and I can't wait for it to arrive!

I'm attaching a photo of the chair & the room that it will sit in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7065_Springfield_SO_DP.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room1.jpg 
Views:	787 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room2.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	173  

Thank you, Sarah! I'll get that ordered up for you ASAP, shouldn't be too long. I appreciate your confidence in ordering from my store. Say, if you need/want a frame for that one piece of artwork, I have a couple of guys that do that reasonably. I can get you a gold/gilt type frame or simple tiger maple or cherry one if you like. Just need dimensions......

Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Congratulations Sarah! I am, hopefully, right behind you with my order for the Kilby Lounger. I just need to make my leather choice. What leather have you chosen for your piece? The chair will look great in your family room. Your family room is beautiful and the chair will be the finishing touch. Be sure to send pics when it arrives!

Diane

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dr56 View Post
    Congratulations Sarah! I am, hopefully, right behind you with my order for the Kilby Lounger. I just need to make my leather choice. What leather have you chosen for your piece? The chair will look great in your family room. Your family room is beautiful and the chair will be the finishing touch. Be sure to send pics when it arrives!

Diane
    Hi Diane. I am going with frisco saddle (class 2) for the hide. For us, the leather was a much easier decision than selecting the chair itself - our local furniture store only carries 2-3 H&M pieces at a time. We have literally sat in every H&M chair within a 500-mile radius trying to find the right "fit" for my husband.
    I will definitely post pics when it arrives.

Duane, yes I would be interested in hearing about frame selections. The picture is exactly 36" x 48." I have found a couple of frames that I like but there is nothing that I am absolutely in love with so far.

Odd I/O Guest

Sarah can you share with us why you chose tthe Frisco Saddle leather over all the other leathers Hancock and Moore offers?

dr56 is quite right, your family room does look beautiful. Very well put together. You have a very good eye when it comes to decorating.

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post
    Sarah can you share with us why you chose tthe Frisco Saddle leather over all the other leathers Hancock and Moore offers?

dr56 is quite right, your family room does look beautiful. Very well put together. You have a very good eye when it comes to decorating.
    Thanks for your kind words!

When I was at the furniture store I did a quick sort-through of leathers that I thought would be in the right range for my home. I checked out my favorite 15 - 20 leathers & brought them home. In my family room I was able to pick the "perfect" leather in less than 5 minutes. For my room, the choice was obvious. My choice was based on the following criteria:
    1. Color of leather
    2. The servicability
    3. special effects in the leather
    4. The "hand" of the leather.
    By no means is this the "correct" way to choose a leather but that's how I made my own decision. I do feel like I have an eye for color so maybe that helped the process go quickly.

I also limited my selection to class II & III leathers (class 4 & 5 did not offer the value that I needed).

dr56 Guest

Default Thanks Sarah for the info!

Thank you Sarah for the info. I think you picked the right leather for your family room.

I have yet to sit in the Kilby Lounger and may possibly order without the "test-drive". Our closest store has a very limited number of H&M recliners and none of which I care for. There is a store about a two hour drive away that I am still contemplating driving to. I thinik choosing the leather, for me, is every bit as difficult as the chair. Visualation is very important and something I don't have...........sigh!

Thanks again, Sarah!

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dr56 View Post
    Thank you Sarah for the info. I think you picked the right leather for your family room.

I have yet to sit in the Kilby Lounger and may possibly order without the "test-drive". Our closest store has a very limited number of H&M recliners and none of which I care for. There is a store about a two hour drive away that I am still contemplating driving to. I thinik choosing the leather, for me, is every bit as difficult as the chair. Visualation is very important and something I don't have...........sigh!

Thanks again, Sarah!

Hi Diane. I sent you a PM.

dwainw Guest

Veggie Tales! Cool...

Oh, and a beautiful use of space as well.

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dwainw View Post
    Veggie Tales! Cool...

Oh, and a beautiful use of space as well.
    I was wondering if anyone would catch that.
    With a 2-year old & a 3.5-year old at home, Veggie Tales is a necessity.