Thread: Media Center

Default Media Center

Hi

So I can't stand seeing all the wires and electronic components in my surround sound setup. Following Duane's advice, I've gotten the rug, a sofa and now I'm on to the piece I wanted all along -- some kind of media center.

Is anyone aware of anything that is worth comparing to the J.L Treharn Large step-back plasma center (http://jltreharn.com/p/584/american-...sbec320-sc-10/). The only thing I don't like about that piece is the wooden pulls. I'd rather see some kind of federal style hardware I think.

I actually loved the John Buchanon piece, and wouldn't be afraid to commission something, but I don't want Danish style stuff. With the curves in my sofa, I think I'm pretty well committed to traditional forms for what is going to be a huge cabinet to go beneath a 60-ish inch tv.

Default Re: Media Center

It's very easy to change the pulls. Go to www.hortonbrass.com and pick a set you like, simple as that!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

harland Guest

Default Re: Media Center

Quote Originally Posted by brsett View Post
    Hi

So I can't stand seeing all the wires and electronic components in my surround sound setup. Following Duane's advice, I've gotten the rug, a sofa and now I'm on to the piece I wanted all along -- some kind of media center.

Is anyone aware of anything that is worth comparing to the J.L Treharn Large step-back plasma center
    Most electronics manufacturers prefer that their electronics aren't placed in an enclosed space unless there's adequate air ventilation, either forced (fans) or passive (screens or louvers). If you keep the doors open while the system is in use or keep the volume at a moderate level, this may not be an issue.

I would also consider Salamander Designs (http://www.salamanderdesigns.com). The furniture is made especially for A/V applications and is also manufactured in the USA. Some of their designs feature "infinitely" adjustable shelving and there are options for adding fans to keep gear cooler. Most of their looks fall in the contemporary category, so it may not suit your taste. However, the features they incorporate in their designs might give you an idea of how to customize another piece of furniture for possibly better performance.