Thread: End Tables

Default End Tables

So, I've got the media center picked out with the ogee feet, got some ideas on what kind of shelves I want to add to the room. Now the final part is end tables. So I have the H&M Carmen, which has arms that range from about 22" - 26" high. It is my belief that end tables in the 22-23 inch height will look best (I notice that in the City Sleep Sofa Picture at the top of the forum, there is a basic table that looks nice in that photo, but is a bit taller than the arms -- so maybe I'm off base in the height thinking). Treharn has none that short, and quite frankly, $1000 for an Emirzian (while gorgeous) seems inappropriate to me.

At that height, I think handkerchief tables, tea tables, pembroke tables, basically anything with a leaf is out. Probably sheraton's with a shelf are out too -- which is too bad, because I love those. So, as far as I know that leaves two basic designs. Round pedestal tables, and then basic, 1 drawer hepplewhite style end tables. Is there any style I'm missing? Round tables seem terrible to me, as they don't efficiently use space, but I'm open to hearing when they are useful. Oval could be nice, but I've only seen that on tall pembrokes. I simply don't see many tables without drawers at heights below 26".

Default Re: End Tables

That's why I had John Buchanan made these up for me, its my design. There was nothing from my suppliers that I cared for. I also had him make a drop leaf model and have (4) of these in my house! Done in Tiger Maple, Cherry, Walnut, Mahogany. $ 599 in the store. Dropleaf is $ 150 more. Basic table is 24" H x 19.5" D x 24" D.

I'll post photos soon....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: End Tables

Sounds great. Saw the pics from 2009. I'd be super interested to see the differences in grain and finish.