Thread: kodiak sofa

karlos Guest

Cool kodiak sofa

On ordering a ottaman with this sofa we like the 079 with drawers but the ht is 4inches below the sofa seat ht. What should we do. Thanks for your help Duane. Also saw the highlands sofa that looked great with the great room i have 16 x16 does the kodiak sit nicer. Antelope harness feels like the best choice for us. I love all these choices , but man it is hard to decide on one...4 days left to change my mind again! Does anyone have the kodiak sofa and have a review of the cushion support a year or 2 later? still give good support for the back. this is for a family room tv watching. Thanks Karl

Hi Karl,

What you don't want in an ottoman is one that's the same height as the seat cushion, or even within 1 to 1.5". At a minimum, you want a 2" drop, 3" is preferable and 4" works as well, its somewhat a matter of personal preference. I' think you're OK at 4", but if you can test out the drop in your house using existing pieces (or even a cardboard box in front of a chair) then you can get a sense for what works or not.

Kodiak is a great sofa, built for comfort. I have no qualms recommending that frame. You should not have any cushion failures on any frame in the line (afterall, its H&M), but if a core does collapse, free ones are yours for the asking. I'm never had the first spring or deck failure on an H&M piece, so I'd not expect yours to be the first.

As to the Highlands, that's a great looking sofa. Its a newer model and I've not seen it in person, but I sure do like the style of the piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

karlos Guest

Talking kodiak purchase

YEA, I bought my 1st H@m sofa the kodiak with a robinson ottoman. Man it was roughly 3k cheaper than the masins store in Wa

karlos Guest

Duane maybe campaign otto? instead of robinson? I do have a big room.

karlos Guest

If I go with campaign can I go dark western embroider on bottom and antelope harness on top. I saw a cool one on the web

Hi Karl,

Sure - you can go with any ottoman you like. And get it made up any way you want it as well. Keep in mind if we go into one of the class 5 hides on the bottom, the whole ottoman goes as a Class 5, that's all. Just let me know if you want to make a change.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.