Thread: Please help identify this cabinet

Mariabeshy Guest

Default Please help identify this cabinet

I tried to search and I'm either completely inefficient at it or there isn't alot of info out there. This corner china cabinet was in my grandparents house when they bought it in the early 70's (according to my grandmother). I have no idea how long the previous owners had it. The stamp inside is an oval with the words "Bradley" then three black stars, and underneath "Savannah". Any help (age, etc) would be a great help! Thanks! (Sorry if it turns out sideways!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cabinet.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	5822  

Default Re: Please help identify this cabinet

Here's a tip to keep your iPhone from tilting photos sideways....any time you take a photo with an iPhone - immediately go to EDIT in the upper right hand corner before you save the photo and perform any of the EDIT options. You can color correct it, crop it, whatever...by editing the photo it will turn rightside-up when you save the file and post it. The two most recent operating systems for the iPhone have this feature.

The cupboard is unremarkable and has no collectible value. It has a number of serious build/design faux-paus including surface mount hinges, applied molding to the perimeter, no crown mold and the design itself is out of balance and doesn't adhere to the 1/3 principles of good layout. So it's either a family heirloom because it belonged to your grandparents, or a Craigslist piece for $ 300.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Mariabeshy Guest

Default Re: Please help identify this cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Here's a tip to keep your iPhone from tilting photos sideways....any time you take a photo with an iPhone - immediately go to EDIT in the upper right hand corner before you save the photo and perform any of the EDIT options. You can color correct it, crop it, whatever...by editing the photo it will turn rightside-up when you save the file and post it. The two most recent operating systems for the iPhone have this feature.

The cupboard is unremarkable and has no collectible value. It has a number of serious build/design faux-paus including surface mount hinges, applied molding to the perimeter, no crown mold and the design itself is out of balance and doesn't adhere to the 1/3 principles of good layout. So it's either a family heirloom because it belonged to your grandparents, or a Craigslist piece for $ 300.

Thanks so much for the info!! I actually found where the stamp was from. It's from a plywood company that changed it's name in 1944, so that's why i was having so much trouble finding the stamp.

My mother confirmed this morning that it was a handmade piece for the previous owners mother. I would never think to sell it, as its been in the family for so long, so at least when my daughter inherits it it will be a 100 year old cabinet!

Thanks again! I will definitely figure out this whole picture thing! haha