Thread: Smaller sectionals

alovett Guest

Default Smaller sectionals

Hi there! I'm looking to replace an 18-year-old sectional sofa (with a recliner and sleeper) that was made back in the days before sectionals started using steroids. The "must haves": 115 inches or less on the left-arm side; up to 130 inches on the right-arm side; and at least one recliner. The only brands I've been able to find with these dimensions (with motion, and in leather, to boot) are Flexsteel Latitudes (Belmont collection); LaZBoy (Griffin, Rex); and Klaussner. But it seems from what I'm reading on this forum that none of these options will give us the return on investment that we're hoping for. We'd like to spend less than $4,000. Any great ideas out there? Help!

ISUFan22 Guest

Default Re: Smaller sectionals

Don't do Flexsteel Latitudes collection. We've had ours for 2 years, but started having problems immediately. After working with our local furniture store and proving the issue - they are taking it back and giving us a credit. We have bought Smith Brothers furniture and are waiting for it to arrive.

I will never buy nor recommend Flexsteel - notably the Latitudes (China) collection.

alovett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    We have bought Smith Brothers furniture and are waiting for it to arrive.
    My understanding from our local dealer is that Smith Brothers is more than twice my budget. I was quoted $8,000 for a 114" x 134" sectional. Does that match your experience?

ISUFan22 Guest

Seems accurate. Just stated what we did and that Flexsteel Latitudes is not a good idea. Ours is a sectional.

We bought instead a sofa, a tiltback chair w/ottoman and chair and a half w/ottoman. None of these recline, just the back in the tiltback chair. Not messing around with quality issues this time around.

ISUFan22 Guest

Duane is much wiser than I on this but I'd bet you'll be hard pressed to find some of the top quality sectionals in leather for $4000.

alovett Guest

Wink Re: Smaller sectionals

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Duane is much wiser than I on this but I'd bet you'll be hard pressed to find some of the top quality sectionals in leather for $4000.
    Understood. We'd spend *a little* more if we could find something that fit our space. I noticed in another post Duane mentioned the Bradington Young Reid sectional and said that it's "102" wall space on each side as I measure it." I'm not sure what the wall space measurement means, but I'm hoping someone can tell me. As I tally up the measurements from the BY website, it looks like the smallest dimension with the loveseat recliner and wedge in that model is 124"--9 inches too big.

We aren't looking for the Bentley of sectionals, but we'd love to have something that lasts 10 to 15 years. Our last sectional (in the old days, when there were two brand choices--England and Broyhill--and the fabric choice was Polyester or Olefin) lasted 18 years, including 12 years of pets and six years of kids. Our new sofa will get a lot of use, we just don't want to be making monthly car payments on it or have something so precious that I have a breakdown when somebody spills a beer on it during the Super Bowl Party.