Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sectional Help - Who to Choose

Default Re: Sectional Help - Who to Choose

I don't know those makers but any sectional that is $ 1,500 is simply not going to be made well - just can't be done at that price point.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

PhilTorrence Guest

Even a two piece? 1 arm chaise and 1 arm loveseat. ?

JayTW Guest

dr collie, do you know anything about or have any thoughts on Wesley Hall sectionals?

Wesley Hall is USA-made and a quality builder. I have come very close to carrying their line and still may. It's still done old school (private ownership) and made the right way.
    Duane Collie

Stacey52164 Guest

How do you feel about Taylor king? I want 2 sofas with a corner piece. 24 grad fabric. What should I expect to pay

Between $3k and $9k. Asking for pricing without specifics gets you a very broad range.
    Duane Collie

Ci2Eye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Thomasville is in bankruptcy with no buyers for the company or any of the FBI brands at this time - they have been trying to sell them off but getting no buyers. Don't order anything, buy a floor model but don't expect any kind of warranty service. FBI brands include:

Broyhill
    Hickory
    Thomasville
    La Barge
    Maitland-Smith
    Pearson
    Lane
    Drexel Heritage
    Lane Venture
    Henredon
    Lane Furniture
    Actually, my understanding is that KPS Capital Partners acquired Furniture Brands International's assets late last year and has renamed the company Heritage Home Group, LLC.

Heritage Home Group now includes the Broyhill, Thomasville, Lane, Drexel Heritage, Henredon, Pearson, Hickory Chair, Lane Venture, Maitland-Smith and La Barge brands.

I purchased a small custom chair for a bedroom from Thomasville last fall only a few days before their former parent company (FBI) entered into bankruptcy. Upon hearing of their filing, I was concerned that I may never receive my chair and could lose my deposit. Much to my surprise, however, it arrived very quickly and was made exactly as I ordered and very nicely tailored. Although I was concerned, the purchase experience turned out to be among the best I've had.

Having said all that, I also would recommend 8-way hand tied and hardwood framed furniture for a living room setting and would echo others' comments to that effect. A small and largely decorative chair for a bedroom obviously does not experience the same rigorous usage as most living room furniture.
    Last edited by Ci2Eye; 02-16-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Duane mentioned Smith Brothers which prompts me to comment on our perception after about a 1 1/2 year Sofa search. We became very convinced that Smith Brothers makes a very high-quality product, and we actually were a little concerned about the Spring-Arrangement (although initial comfort was pleasing). The overall reason we dropped this company's offerings from our quest was that their outward appearance to us all looked somewhat boxy vs. H&M and/or BY pieces. Can't quite put my finger on what it was, but the leather pieces showed this "Boxy" appearance more than the fabric covers. Also the sectionals actually looked better than the Sofa offerings to us. Bottom line is that customer feedback comments are very good for their products ...if you like what you see.

Sylver Guest

While this particular thread may be quite old, I found the information very valuable for making an informed decision about quality & cost.

Duane, do you have any experience with Stylus Sofas, http://stylussofas.com/, based out of Vancouver, BC? They have dealers across both Canada and the US.

Not the instock, but the made to order? Are the custom orders produced in China?

Thank you!
    Syl
    Last edited by Sylver; 05-18-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Sorry, never heard of that company before...
    Duane Collie