Thread: Tesla

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Tesla

A student of mine gave a presentation this past semester on the new Tesla. He and his Dad took one for a drive and loved it. Stopped by a Tesla showroom last week and was mightily impressed. Within the next three years, there will be charging stations all over the U.S., with cafes--so you can stop and have a little something to eat while your vehicle is charging (takes about 1/2 hour). And they will be coming up with a much less expensive version in the next couple of years. Anybody else taken a test drive?

earlh Guest

Default Re: Tesla

There already are places all over the US, some with cafes, where you can stop, have a little something to eat and refuel your car - they're called gas stations. lol
    Last edited by earlh; 01-12-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Tesla's are beautiful cars, one of my customers has a red 'S' and just made a round trip to NYC from WASH dc in his, there is a charging station in DE so stopped and did that and had a cup of coffee while he waited. He really likes his car. I'm not totally sold on a $ 100K car that can only go 260 miles though, regardless of how many charging stations there may be. What if there are say 20 outlets at the I-95 charge station and there are 50 cars waiting to hook up? You could be there for awhile. They do have the "X" model which is more of a crossover coming to market, for $ 5K you can get on the waiting list.

Or get the BMW i3 for half the price of the "S" and just a few miles less range.

Fuel Cells is where cars are really headed though...that's the future.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Consumer Reports had an absolutely glowing report on the Tesla. They scored it a ninety-nine out of a hundred. I've never read about them being so thrilled with an automobile.