Thread: Fit tand Leather Choices for a Recliner

vbnet Guest

Default Fit tand Leather Choices for a Recliner

So proud of my son. He's only 25, but rather than jumping in and buying anything that will do he's advanced to the point of ordering and getting exactly what he wants. Problem is he's looking at new apartments as well. So far, they all lhave at least 35" doorways and the hallway is wide outside the door.

I should add his current sofa's footprint is 93 x 42 and it works ok in his current apartment. He was originally looking at the Ricki or Anderson because they are on clearance in nearby furniture stores. He likes a somewhat firm seat. Duane, on another thread you suggested the settlement because of his size but we agree with you that it will probably be Too Big for an apartment in his current price point.

He's a slender 6'6" but realizes the sofa has to "fit" and "look ok" in the apartment sized space. There is a Good chance that it wil float between dining and living area so a nice back is becoming slightly desirable. Will the Arrington or Carmen fit? He will probably try to stay in group 2 leathers. No idea on that yet. Definitely in the brown family, but not too orange.

1. Will they fit?
    2. Any other suggestions?
    3. What are your favorite browns in group 2
    Last edited by vbnet; 01-21-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Default Re: Questions on fit (carmen, arrington) and group 2 leathers and any other recs

My son is 6' 5" so I know how these tall and lanky guys try to fit on 'regular' furniture with some limited success. H&M's Carmen and Arrington sofas are average size, certainly not large - so he may not be all that comfy on them, but they sure look good (especially the Carmen). I'd hate to see him spend that kind of money and not like they way they fit him. However the Ricki and Anderson are in the same similar size group so if he's had a chance to try those out and he's good with the space, then he might be OK. A 9503 Kodiak would be about the largest sofa I think I would recommend for an apartment, but its not a firm sitting piece like the Carmen.

Best browns in GR 2? My choices would be Atticus, Kilping and Ryan. Yes, those will all to through a 35" opening.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

vbnet Guest

Default Re: Questions on fit (carmen, arrington) and group 2 leathers and any other recs

Thanks Duane, I'll have him try to find a Kodiak to test out.

I second Duane's comment about Atticus as a best brown color in the more affordable GR 2 price.