Thread: Customer of the Day

Default Customer of the Day

Had a nicely dressed couple come in my store today to look at a Hancock and Moore Recliner and other accessories. Very pleasant folks. They told me they had bought windsor chairs from me in 2000, but I didn't remember them from that far back - my memory is not the world's best.

He was very busy on his Blackberry. Making a LOT of phone calls as he moved from recliner to recliner. It took a while to put it all together but before too long I realized he was a U.S. Senator (its not prudent to mention his name or state). Turns out we all three (myself and him and his wife) all went to the same University at about the same time.

But what I thought was really interesting was that when you make a phone call and identify yourself as a U.S. Senator - you're NEVER put on hold!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Had a nicely dressed couple come in my store today to look at a Hancock and Moore Recliner and other accessories. Very pleasant folks. They told me they had bought windsor chairs from me in 2000, but I didn't remember them from that far back - my memory is not the world's best.

He was very busy on his Blackberry. Making a LOT of phone calls as he moved from recliner to recliner. It took a while to put it all together but before too long I realized he was a U.S. Senator (its not prudent to mention his name or state). Turns out we all three (myself and him and his wife) all went to the same University at about the same time.

But what I thought was really interesting was that when you make a phone call and identify yourself as a U.S. Senator - you're NEVER put on hold!
    I think I'll just wait on hold Even though sometimes it does seem like years I wait on hold I doubt it's longer then the prison sentence that one could get for impersonating a US senator.

Sarah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post
    I think I'll just wait on hold Even though sometimes it does seem like years I wait on hold I doubt it's longer then the prison sentence that one could get for impersonating a US senator.
    Okay now THAT is funny!!