Thread: Prices for H & M chairs?

alanak Guest

Default Prices for H & M chairs?

Hello Duane,
    I'm another new member loving your site. I would like to know what your prices would be ,with shipping to Louisiana, for the 4774 & 4773 Hargrave chair and ottoman and for 2059, the Hargrave tilt back. I haven't gotten as far as considering leathers yet, so maybe you could give me class 1, 2, & 3? I do love the leather it's pictured in. I have 4 young, ACTIVE children and an untrainable labrador, so I'd appreciate your recommendations, on that. Before making any final decisions I'm going to try to send you a photo of my room and some measurements, b/c it's a tricky room, but this is a starting point.

Thanks,

Alana

Welcome to the forum, Alana! We have some other forum members here from Louisiana as well.....

Here's prices (less shipping):

4774:
    Grade 1: $ 1,484
    Grade 2: $ 1,687
    Grade 3: $ 1,806

4773:
    Grade 1: $ 588
    Grade 2: $ 658
    Grade 3: $ 700

2059:
    Grade 1: $ 1,694
    Grade 2: $ 1,841
    Grade 3: $ 1,974

You're going to want to stay with a protected leather with that busy household, for sure. Serviceablity 2 all the way. In Grade 1, look at the Columbia series. Nice hide for a Grade 1, and very durable. Lots of choices in Grade 2, fewer in Grade 3 (Antelope is the most durable of the 3's).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

alanak Guest

Default More prices?

Thanks for those quotes, would you mind giving me a few more? I am finally getting a handle on how to build my room and I really do need recliners. No room for ottomans. I am interested in the 7042, 7016, and 4740. I sat in some Motioncraft chairs today and now know that I like a high backed chair, don't like to be pushed forward by a convex cushion, don't like for the top of the back to "fall away" and leave me either unsupported or having to lean my head back and stare at the ceiling (unreclined). I know that that last one is hard to communicate, but you may understand. I have vacillated between spending big money on great long-lasting chairs and just getting some cheap LazyBoys and have decided that if I have to replace the cheapies in 4-5 yrs., I have spent as much as I would have on good ones, AND have to go through this excruciating process again!! I just don't want to order from a photo and not be comfortable. Do you have a recommendation from those last three models? I am near New Orleans. I intend to call H&M tomorrow to see if anyone near here has floor models but I'm not hopeful. I'm thinking of making a trip to Virginia- I do have an old school friend...

Sure. Since there's not a leather grade selected yet, I'll quote these all in Grade 1 leather, and you can get a feel for the range by percentage prices of the other quotes:

7042: $ 1,813
    7016: $ 1,995
    4740: $ 1,750 (this is a stationary chair)

The 7016 Miller Tufted is always a winner. One of the best in the line for comfort and style.

A lot depends on your body size. Especially height and then inseam. Chairs that a 6'1 man with a 32" inseam think are perfect can sit uncomfortably for a 5' 2" woman when her feet can't touch the floor.

Stay away from La-Z-Boy! I think the carton they come in is probably more durable than the product inside. Just awful what they are turning out now.....

Not sure if they are any dealers in New Orleans. There should be, but they may not have extensive floor models to try out.
    Duane Collie

alanak Guest

Meant 7082 Saunders lounger. How does that compare to the Miller comfort wise? I am 5'4" and my husband is 5'!!". Neither really tall, both slim. I did NOT like the short backed chairs I sat in today, though.

alanak Guest

5'11", not 5'!!"

puhmuckel Guest

Default Stores in New Orleans

I would check out Berger Home on Jefferson Highway and Hurwitz Mintz. These will be your best bets.

Quote Originally Posted by alanak View Post
    Meant 7082 Saunders lounger. How does that compare to the Miller comfort wise? I am 5'4" and my husband is 5'!!". Neither really tall, both slim. I did NOT like the short backed chairs I sat in today, though.

7082 is $ 2,002 in grade 1 leather, plus shipping.

That's a comfy recliner but its a different type of fit. Its more enveloping than say the Miller, so you have to like that cozy-up factor of the 7082. The Miller is still the # 1 seller in the H&M line for recliners, its pretty hard to beat and seems to suit most everyone.
    Duane Collie

alanak Guest

Default looked at chairs today

Went to Berger, pleasant experience, they carry B&Y, not H&M. Went to Herwitz Mintz, was shown Lane & Lazyboy, told they were the "top brands". Turned my nose up and said that I was hoping they carried H&M. Well, as a matter of fact, they do. Not that the sales lady would have known one if it bit her on the ankle! (She was very nice, and tried, just didn't have a clue.) In addition, their prices are almost DOUBLE what Duane quoted me. In my opinion, Herwitz Mintz has nothing going for them except their reputation, which is entirely based on past history. (As opposed to present history and future history.)

puhmuckel Guest

Default You're right

I won't buy from Hurwitz Mintz again, but I knew they carried some H&M on the floor because I had called on them before. I tried to place an order for a new mattress per phone last year, but customer service was so poor that I ended up buying from Doerrs. If they carry the line then you'll be able to see and feel all the leathers for H&M. That alone helped my alot. Sorry, it did not work out.