Hi - I hope I can take advantage of some of the excellent knowledge and creativity out there to help me pull the Living Room of our new house together.

Things I must find room for in this space:
The beautiful Leathercraft sofa (purchased from Duane 3 years ago)
The piano
The green armchair (am willing to think about re-upholstering, though I worry it will be prohibitively expensive. We love sitting in that chair.
The Stickley coffee table (36" x 44" - purchased to fit a different, more square room a few years ago...)
The walls are freshly painted cement-gray, and the parquet floor is freshly refinished. I kind of wish I had had the parquet stained dark but it's too late to change.

Things that are definitely going away: the dinky bookshelves. Also, the pile of framed pictures in the corner. The floor lamp.

Possible changes:
I love our rugs but I worry that they are keeping the room from having unity and bring too much pattern to an already patterned floor. Am I right? Should I look for a large (9' x 14') neutral-grey-beige rug to replace the ones I have, or can I keep them?)
Solar shades on the windows near the piano (South facing!)
Roman shades (help me with color suggestions) on the other 2 windows
Looking for 2 armchairs to group with the sofa. I don't know if the sofa is in the best possible position - the alternative is to put it perpendicular to the fireplace near the back of the room (not near the doorways). Help with style and color suggestions? Not motion furniture, not too big, transitional/modern style preferred (but modern might never go with the rest of the furniture in the room!)
We are considering putting 2 large cherry bookcases with doors on the bottom on either side of the centered window - but perhaps that's too much furniture in the room? That wall is 12'3", the window is 51" (including frame), leaving space for 2 48"-wide, 6' tall bookcases.

Room dimensions: 23' x 12'6"
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3253.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	5970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3255.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	5971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3260.jpg 
Views:	317