Thread: H&M Bridgehampton Chair

elizanne Guest

Default H&M Bridgehampton Chair

Duane,
    A local furniture store has an H&M Bridgehampton Chair, grade 3 Cameo brown burnished for $1100. Is this worth pursuing?
    Do you know how this sits? How does this feel compared to Capri?
    Thanks!

Default Re: H&M Bridgehampton Chair

If you like the chair, surely.

Any burnished leather is at the opposite end of the spectrum vs a leather like Capri. Burnished will have a more brittle texture, a 'hard shell' as I call it. Capri is velvety soft. Big difference in texture and how it sits.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

elizanne Guest

Duane,
    I have another question for you. I went into the store yesterday to see the Bridgehampton chair, and they have 2 available. I liked the look and feel. I read your sticky from March 2013, and looked at the photos of the furniture in your house. Beautiful things! Your bar stools are the same leather as the chairs I looked at. Can I assume that my chairs would wear similarly? Your bar stools don't have that bomber jacket look. Maybe that will come in time?
    Thanks!

Wearability differs in most every household, that's why there are no guarantees of that sort of thing. At my house, we tend to take care of things perhaps a little more than most and I'm pretty vigilant on keeping the hides wiped down as I've seen what happens too many times when you don't. So my barstools are probably treated better than average because I don't want to have to replace them anytime soon. The Burnished leathers age slowly and elegantly I think, you may not see a 'bomber jacket' look until 5 years of use or so...
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.