Thread: Seven seas collection by hooker and sheffield collection by B-Y

wynne Guest

Default Seven seas collection by hooker and sheffield collection by B-Y

Hi Duane, I am new to the forum and have a question. We bought the seven seas collection and have a 30 day return on it which is approaching quickly. I have been searching the internet but would like your opinion. I saw a picture of the Sheffield Collection 703-95 by B-Y the married leather and love it but I cannot find it and I have looked up too 250 miles from home. No one carries it in the store to sit on it and check it out for comfort. What information can you tell me about both. Is the seven seas which we paid $3100 for motion sofa and two recliners and then a quote on the B-Y for one recliner and sofa for $3600. Help me please!!!
    Last edited by wynne; 03-14-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Default Re: Seven seas collection by hooker and sheffield collection by B-Y

Hi Wynne

The 703-95 has been around for a number of years, its still a good selling item and made in the USA, unlike the 7 Seas which is Chinese. You know that 'comfort' is a sticky wicket and I hesitate to comment on it, but the fact its been in the line for so long is pretty good testament to the fact that people buy a lot of this series. I can't tell you what your local dealer will sell those for - but from my store the sofa would be $ 2,464 (# 703-95 in married cover 9851-88) and the # 3703 Matching Recliner $ 1,521 + delivery fees based on where they would be shipping to.

Hope that helps.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

wynne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Hi Wynne

The 703-95 has been around for a number of years, its still a good selling item and made in the USA, unlike the 7 Seas which is Chinese. You know that 'comfort' is a sticky wicket and I hesitate to comment on it, but the fact its been in the line for so long is pretty good testament to the fact that people buy a lot of this series. I can't tell you what your local dealer will sell those for - but from my store the sofa would be $ 2,464 (# 703-95 in married cover 9851-88) and the # 3703 Matching Recliner $ 1,521 + delivery fees based on where they would be shipping to.

Hope that helps.
    Duane, thank you for your response. I called B-Y and asked the type of leather they are using with the married leather and she told me that it is finished leather. She also stated that the sofa was 8-way hand tied but this is not listed on site, and she would not tell me if this leather came from china! Isn't finished or protected mean it is painted???

You'll get better answers talking to dealers than calling down to B-Y, the ladies there are set up to service dealers and don't know the product line or the leathers very well. Virtually all true Married Covers are from China, not that its a big deal - that's why you get the good pricing. You can read all about leather under A PRIMER IN LEATHER under the LEATHER category.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

wynne Guest

Thanks Duane, it is all a bit confusing when we talk about crusts and painted leather, etc. I will read a primer in leather - I thought I had read them all but will find it and read it. Thank you.