Thread: Greyson Recliners with the Rugby?

asaasa3333 Guest

Default Greyson Recliners with the Rugby?

What do you think of pairing 2 greyson 1054 hancock and moore recliners with a Rugby sofa in Imperial Whiskey Burnished? We saw the Rugby loungers but being taller (6'1"), a higher back lounger seems like a good idea. Also, the Greyson comes in 1053 and 1054. Which one is more comfortable - as subjective as it is?

Also, can you think of any leathers that you think would complement Imperial Whiskey Burnished for the 2 loungers (<GR 3) or do you think IWB all the way is better? Another option we were thinking of is to do the leather on the outside and either do fabric on the seating area or pick a different leather for the seating/inside to change it up... Any recommendations?

asaasa3333 Guest

Default Re: Greyson Recliners with the Rugby?

The more we look at these, the more we think they will work with a Rugby Club Sofa - similar arms and styles. As for the 1053 vs 1054 - the 1054 definitely looks much better to us but to watch TV, 1053 might be better - looks like it provides more neck/head support. So, comfort factor gives it a win to 1053.

As for the leathers, we are looking at 3 options - Columbia Acorn (or similar underlying tones of the IWB), Document Harness (or other dark contrasts) and Imperial Whiskey Burnished. The thinking is that the first two, being protected leathers, might work better on recliners (more contact area). Can you think of any others that would complement/contrast the Imperial Whiskey Burnished? On the other hand, I have heard someone say that a nice throw will work just as well on unprotected leather for the most part! So, would you advise to just stick to one leather on all the chairs in the same room instead of going down this path trying to match them up (either cut for approval or otherwise)?

Quote Originally Posted by asaasa3333 View Post
    What do you think of pairing 2 greyson 1054 hancock and moore recliners with a Rugby sofa in Imperial Whiskey Burnished? We saw the Rugby loungers but being taller (6'1"), a higher back lounger seems like a good idea. Also, the Greyson comes in 1053 and 1054. Which one is more comfortable - as subjective as it is?

Also, can you think of any leathers that you think would complement Imperial Whiskey Burnished for the 2 loungers (<GR 3) or do you think IWB all the way is better? Another option we were thinking of is to do the leather on the outside and either do fabric on the seating area or pick a different leather for the seating/inside to change it up... Any recommendations?

This Post intensionally left Blank
    Last edited by wisejd; 03-18-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Don't know if you already know that the Rugby comes in the Weston Cane Burnished (a gorgeous leather) within the Town & Country Program ...which could save you $$$? Regarding Protected vs. UnProtected for the Chairs, I don't think it would make any difference. Definitely don't think you need to buy all the same leather in all pieces ...but you may want to actually see the choices together to cement your decision. I'm pretty sure that Duane would suggest another choice beyond any of the "Document" varieties (He likes the Cavalier varieties better). Love the Rugby, has to be one of the best models available. Both the Greyson Recliners would be very comfortable ...I don't think you necessarily need the built in pillowing to assure comfort ...go try some recliners without that extra padding and see if you actually miss that. I have the Royal High Leg Recliner and sometimes that extra pillowing feels like it is pushing back at me rather than adding comfort. We also have the Sundance Sofa with the somewhat lower back and it is so very, very comfortable and I am 6'1".
    Last edited by wisejd; 03-18-2014 at 07:25 AM.

asaasa3333 Guest

wisejd - yes I knew about the T&C but for just a little more, we got the whiskey burnished for the sofa coz we liked it better - waiting for it to show up. Also, the rugby recliners (also at 6'1") have a height listed 39" vs the greysons which are 43". In recline mode, they might be fine but we figured we wanted some variety too and so we are leaning toward Greysons (1053/1054).

I tried the 1053 at a design store and liked the feel of it (spring down/ultra down) but they would only sell to retailers and not to consumers and they recommended Document a whole lot more than anything else for wear and tear. Now, if only we can make up our minds about the leather!!

You are going to absolutely love that Sofa! You might want to give Duane a call regarding his expert perspective on the leather choice, he is always very helpful.

I think the Greyson units will work fine with the Rugby, but of course your arm styles will be different. 1053 beats the 1054 for comfort - its a rare day when any bustle back chair gets the comfort nod over a single cushion unit!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.