Thread: How important is a few inches...re: chairs in livingroom

june12 Guest

Default How important is a few inches...re: chairs in livingroom

HI all -

I am looking to replace my bergere chairs on either side of the fireplace with something much more visible, and in leather. I should have, I think, a chair with about 32" max width and 36/37" max depth for it to be very walkable, but I'm having lots of trouble finding something tall enough (preferable 40" tall) and small enough. I want something "libraryish/smoking-room style/English" looking and I found the Bridgehampton tufted chair from Hancock and Moore, also their Greyson chair and Grafton chair, but they are very expensive. Can anyone recommend me a chair from a quality shop, even if it's not the absolute top of the line...

Appreciate any help you guys can give me-
    june

Default Re: How important is a few inches...re: chairs in livingroom

Can you post a photo of your room by the fireplace? And what is your budget per chair?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

june12 Guest

Hi dr collie

Here are some pics....I include the one with the white cardboard which is the 31" wide by 34" deep...

I feel comfortable at about $1,700 per chair. I'm also posting a chair that kind of fits both of my needs - I want something to take up more room, visually, than my Berger chairs, but also something that is, and looks, comfortable.

Thanks so much for your help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	6148Click image for larger version. 

Views:	383 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	6149Click image for larger version. 

Views:	355 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	6150Click image for larger version. 

Views:	336 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	6151

Quote Originally Posted by june12 View Post
    HI all -

I am looking to replace my bergere chairs on either side of the fireplace with something much more visible, and in leather. I should have, I think, a chair with about 32" max width and 36/37" max depth for it to be very walkable, but I'm having lots of trouble finding something tall enough (preferable 40" tall) and small enough. I want something "libraryish/smoking-room style/English" looking and I found the Bridgehampton tufted chair from Hancock and Moore, also their Greyson chair and Grafton chair, but they are very expensive. Can anyone recommend me a chair from a quality shop, even if it's not the absolute top of the line...

Appreciate any help you guys can give me-
    june

june12 Guest

Oh, sorry about the pics... One more thing, the chair I posted is too big, at 36" wide by 37" deep....it is by Bradington Young.

Thx -
    June

A few decorator tips.....

* You have too much clutter atop the mantle shelf, it adds a huge amount of visual weight up high, clean that off and streamline. Those lamps gotta go...
    * Paint the mantle below the shelf. it will add some color and visual weight lower to the wall area, and make the room warmer and more inviting. A nice brick red might be a choice.

A few chair options (sorry, these are not really budget brand but would fit the space well)

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2212
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2014
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.