Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to do silver nails,

vbnet Guest

Default want to do silver nails,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	captureapt2.PNG 
Views:	342 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	6167we were thinking Nickel, but now, not sure. What does everyone think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	captureapt1.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	6166

Default Re: want to do silver nails,

Nickel is bright, sometimes the softer pewter can give you the same silver-look but less dramatic.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

vbnet Guest

To be dramatic, or not to be dramatic - That is the question......

lol

vbnet Guest

Duane, Since we are going to be doing 1 piece H&M + 1 piece BY can you tell me if these match up?

H&M Y Calisto = BY gunmetal : NO

H&M J nickel = BY nickel : YES

H&M cc carpenter's nail = BY pewter : YES

To anyone who returns to this post, I've edited it to indicate that I could NOT find an H&M nail to match BY gunmetal. Thanks for confirming the matches Duane!
    Last edited by vbnet; 04-09-2014 at 10:40 PM.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

SILVER TRENDY
    Took me a year of work to change out my diningroom FROM an antique brass/antique gold chandlier, sconces, hardware on china cabinets and wall paper TO off white, sage and silver wallpaper, silver and pewter for chandlier and hardware. Then diningroom table burned. Could not be repaired. Old chairs did not "match" new table. New chairs had dark leather, did not go with anything in the dining room. I am now digging out my old antique brass stuff to reinstall..wallpaper I am dreading.. When shopping for wallpaper, Interior decorator told me the trend for silver has passed.... even stainless steel appliances are on the way out..

Ci2Eye Guest

Anybody know how to add additional nails to a piece? I have a Bradington-Young sofa with nails on the front only. I'd like to add them to the back and sides which I would think wouldn't be too hard if I am patient and careful. The problem is how do I get more nails to match the existing ones. Anybody ever try such a task?

You have to have enough wood at that location to add the nails, that's critical. Once you start a row, you can't stop if you run out of frame it will looked unfinished if you do, so its critical to make sure there is framework all along the path you want to add the nails to. If there is, you can order up some nails from Bradington-Young, get a small tack hammer, and go at it.
    Duane Collie

Ci2Eye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You have to have enough wood at that location to add the nails, that's critical. Once you start a row, you can't stop if you run out of frame it will looked unfinished if you do, so its critical to make sure there is framework all along the path you want to add the nails to. If there is, you can order up some nails from Bradington-Young, get a small tack hammer, and go at it.
    I want to add nails along the very bottom along the sides and back so I think there is wood there. It feels like there is and B-Y put a row of nails along the front at the very bottom so I would think I'd be nailing directly into the bottom of the frame.

I will get my order from last year when the sofa was purchased and determine what the nail is called (French Natural maybe?) and call B-Y. I didn't think I would be able to buy nails from them directly.

Thanks.

You have to go through a dealer, calling them direct will just be result in you being frustrated. Do a nail count to you know how many you need and add in a few more in case you bend a shank on a couple.
    Duane Collie

Ci2Eye Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    You have to go through a dealer, calling them direct will just be result in you being frustrated. Do a nail count to you know how many you need and add in a few more in case you bend a shank on a couple.
    Duane,

Is this something I could order through your store?