Thread: Taylor King Cushion and Fabrics

Larry Stein Guest

Default Taylor King Cushion and Fabrics

We could use some advice. We are planning to order a Taylor King cozy creations sectional. It will get heavy use so comfort and durability are important. To that end, are any of the cushion upgrades more durable than the standard prestige xl cushions? Also the fabrics that best fit our room in the portfolio series are either 100% polyester, or a blend of synthetics. Is that a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: Taylor King Cushion and Fabrics

Cushion core longevity really isn't a function of which content is used in the construction. Premium cores are just softer and more plush is all. Most companies in the premium category will replace your cores at no charge if they fail, but I've never had to replace a Taylor King core so I don't really know if they offer that or not. I'd have to call.

Man made fabrics all 'pill' over time from friction. I prefer blends for that reason that have a portion of natural content. For example, my favorite fabrics (which tend to be costly) are Cotton/Linen/Wool blends which mostly seem to come out of Belgium. You're not going to find those in any maker's line of fabric, those are decorator items that typically run $ 100 a yard and up. But they look and feel terrific, and will go for 20 years if sun fade doesn't get to them.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Larry Stein Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Cushion core longevity really isn't a function of which content is used in the construction. Premium cores are just softer and more plush is all. Most companies in the premium category will replace your cores at no charge if they fail, but I've never had to replace a Taylor King core so I don't really know if they offer that or not. I'd have to call.

Man made fabrics all 'pill' over time from friction. I prefer blends for that reason that have a portion of natural content. For example, my favorite fabrics (which tend to be costly) are Cotton/Linen/Wool blends which mostly seem to come out of Belgium. You're not going to find those in any maker's line of fabric, those are decorator items that typically run $ 100 a yard and up. But they look and feel terrific, and will go for 20 years if sun fade doesn't get to them.

Thanks Duane! I have already received a quote from your store. I will call Monday, to request some fabric samples.

Fabric Samples are best done via email or PM, list so I can cut and paste them and don't forget your address (at least half the folks requesting samples forget to supply a mailing addy in their request).

Thanks
    Duane
    Duane Collie

Larry Stein Guest

Email sent. Thanks.

Jeanne Guest

I am considering a Taylor King sofa. Will you rank the cushion options from soft to firm? I'd like a cushion slightly firmer than the prestige but not as firm as the "fm", if such a cushion exists. Unfortunately I was only able to sit on the prestige and the firm cushions. Thank you.

The standard cushion is the Prestige XL with a 2.4 Density core to it. The Prestige FM is the no-charge 10-15% firmer core they offer, but there is nothing in the middle. All cores 'relax' with use and break-in, so perhaps try the FM and in 8 to 10 weeks of use it might could be 'just right'.
    Duane Collie

Jeanne Guest

I appreciate your help.