Thread: Spill test

Marjflowers Guest

Default Spill test

I put a drop of olive oil on the Capri leather, and it left an unsightly, almost black spot. So I thought my decision was made to go with a protected leather. But Duane said the spot would probably disappear within 24 hours, and miraculously, it did! Amazing!

So I changed my order to the Capri, and even though it's lots more expensive, I know that I am going to be as much happier in the long run.

Duane has shown the patience of a saint in dealing with me, or he has put on one hell of an act in appearing so! Bravo!

Default Re: Spill test

This is the thing with pure aniline hides, they will naturally repel most any stain that hits them IF YOU DON'T FUSS WITH IT. Just blot a stain, then leave it alone and walk away. Most will go away in 24 hours, some take a week. I had a very nasty one on our family room sofa many years ago and don't even know what it was (kids put it in the piece) and that took about 6 months to disappear, but it did.

I think the whole 'protected' leather thing is overblown, and one can have the nicer hides (aniline) without issues given reasonable use and care. I have all anilines in my home except for a 1986 purchase of an H&M Recliner (which I still have and use)
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Marjflowers Guest

Default Re: Spill test

So I decided to play around with another spill test. I dropped another drop of olive oil on my sample of Capri Claret, except this time, I scrubbed it with a damp cloth. Five days later, the spot is ALMOST gone , but it is still visible. The moral of the story? Duane knows what he's talking about -- JUST DO WHAT HE SAYS!!!