Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting a Recliner to a Swivel

Reeds Guest

Default Converting a Recliner to a Swivel

Have a Hancock & Moore Austin High Back Recliner -- would like to convert to a swivel. Can't get through to H&M, the store where we purchased the chair said it can't be done. Does anyone know any different? Thanks

Default Re: Reeds

You have the 3032 Austin Wall Hugger Recliner? It's not a 'high back' there is only one model. If you have one of the Austin "High Back" chairs or tilt backs, then no - they cannot be converted. The 3032 might be - I'd have to talk to the guys in the recliner plant at H&M. First thing to do is positively identify the model.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Reeds Guest

I got a number from the inside of the seat cushion (SET: HAME-3-3032 01 SET). If this can be converted would they send the parts up or would the chair need to be sent down to H&M. There is a store near me that does furniture repair and refurbishing. I was hoping to be able to send there.

I will try to check on this next week for you. Looks like you have a 3032 unit. My initial guess is that the base frame is different and you wont' be able to do it, but I'll ask.
    Duane Collie

Reeds Guest

Thanks a bunch. And thanks for the quick reply. Sandy

Reeds Guest

My contact in Pittsburgh called today and said he may have located a part to convert the chair to a swivel. Didn't want to take up your time, will let you know if it works. Thanks again.

Reeds Guest

My contact (Grimes Interiors) and I misunderstood each other. He talked to an H&M sales person who said the 3032 recliner could be converted to swivel/rocker, but she could not sell him the part since he wasn't an H&M dealer. So would it be possible to order the part from your company?? If it is possible to convert the chair. Thanks, Sandy

Reeds Guest

Default Re: Converting a Recliner to a Swivel

My contact cannot get the part to convert chair to a swivel. Would you be able to check for me (at your convenience)? Thanks Sandy

Actually I tried four times, I can never get hold of the one person who would know, and thats Brian Kraft. Call Hancock and Moore yourself at 828-495-8235 and ask for him, maybe you can get lucky and catch him when he's not in a meeting.
    Duane Collie

Reeds Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Actually I tried four times, I can never get hold of the one person who would know, and thats Brian Kraft. Call Hancock and Moore yourself at 828-495-8235 and ask for him, maybe you can get lucky and catch him when he's not in a meeting.

Thanks again. I'll let you know when I get in touch with him and what he has to say.