Thread: Leather Sofa for $4,000 Made in Mexico???

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Leather Sofa for $4,000 Made in Mexico???

I just received a phone call from a good friend, who informed me that he had just bought a 91" leather sofa (a queen sleeper) for $4,000 (he has 24 hours to cancel the purchase). The sofa is made in Mexico. I'm waiting to hear from him re the brand. Any thoughts? I'm worried because I don't want him to end up with a sofa that looks like garbage within a year. On a related note: Is there a quality brand you could recommend that falls--more or less--within that price range? It doesn't have to be 91" long; I think the regular 84" would work, too. And could probably also have a full, rather than a queen mattress. Thanks for any and all input.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Leather Sofa for $4,000 Made in Mexico???

I'm thinking that the Bradington-Young Twitter Sleeper, from their Envisions line, might be preferable? Or something from B-Y?

Default Re: Leather Sofa for $4,000 Made in Mexico???

With your friend only having 24 hours, I will convey some thoughts not knowing if Duane will have a chance to see your question in time for your friend. Firstly, Duane typically would say a few words about how buying a "sleeper" does compromise what otherwise would be a more comfortable Sofa. Secondly I believe there are a number of styles of non-sleeper sofas in the Hancock and Moore Town and Country Program that could be acquired for around that price (some a little less, some a little more). As you mention Bradington-Young also would have some quality Sofas in that price range. Sorry I don't know much about either company's "sleeper" sofas as to price, comfort or durability. If they absolutely need a "sleeper" I just can't provide any help. I also think Duane's closed tomorrow.