We placed an order of one lennon sofa and two lennon chairs on 12/13/2013, with an estimated delivery in Feb or March. We were told by Duane that the leather we picked will be in stock from Jan 3, 2014, and then they will start making the sofa. 4 months passed, I called up in 04/2014 and was told that they just started making my sofa because Hancock Moore just got the leather. I find the excuse very lame as I cannot believe that the leather will need 4 months to deliver, but I accept the fact and appreciate Duane's efforts to push the manufacture date to April 16th.

A&O got my furniture on April 16th and i started the process of waiting the delivery. Nothing happened for another 2 weeks and then i was told that the delivery was scheduled to the wrong address (NJ instead of NY) because Duane gave them the wrong address (billing address instead of delivery address). Another week passed for A&O to re-route it. Finally, they said they would deliver on 5.5.2014 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and will call one hour before the delivery. We received a call on the day before and was told that the delivery will actually take place from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. I got up super early to make sure i will not miss the delivery call.

They did not show up on time - called the driver multiple times, the estimate goes from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Finally, they arrived the door at 11:10 a.m., more than 2 hours after the scheduled slot. I have to call in sick to get the day off from the work to wait for the delivery. The sofa and two chairs were delivered with reasonable care, and i immediately noticed a black (with very small tear) mark at the corner of the back of one chair. I asked about this immediately, and was told that this could be easily fixed by the furniture owner. Given that the items were packed in the paper box and they used the blanket all the time, I am not sure whether the damage is from the delivery or from hancock moore. I signed the bill of acceptance but smart enough to leave a note about this mark. I was also told by the delivery that one usually will not reject delivery because of a "small mark" like this. I tried to contact Duane about this, and got an email saying that this is delivery damage and i should reject the delivery.

I immediately contacted A&O and they asked for the pictures....still waiting for things to be sort out. Are the sofa and chairs beautiful? Yes. Am I entirely happy about the experience? No, with a purchase of $8000 including shipping, I expected better service and experience.

A few things i think parties in this incident can do better:

1. Duane, it would be better if you can (1) double check the delivery address when you charge the balance on the credit card; (2) to advice the scenario that the customers should reject the delivery - I do not receive expensive sofas every day and i do not know what to do under this circumstances; (3) provide an emergent contact number of Keeping Room. Unfortunately, today is Monday and i have no way to call Duane and asked for his advice.

2. A&O, not very helpful, (1) very limited delivery slots; i got the impression that if you do not accept the delivery time they assigned you, you have to wait another 10 business days; (2) not very friendly staff...i guess they are used to the fact that the delivery truck will be late.

3. Hancock Moore..yeah you made beautiful pieces, but delivery the items on April 16, 2014 for an order placed Dec 13, 2013...for more than 4 months (aka 32 weeks)? All i can say that these good things are for the rich and patient ppl...probably not for me.....